Coca Cola Lorry promotes Killer Coke

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Coca Cola Lorry promotes Killer Coke

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

I know that many people with think I am ba humbug but could someone please let me know why we make such a fuss about a company lorry that will be promoting some of the most unhealthy products available. Children will no doubt be mesmerized with the lorry but the message of Coca Cola being good surely is not good for children that are increasingly growing obese, rotting teeth and diabetes is heading for epidemic proportion due to excess sugar.
    Sugary drinks and high energy ones are some of the worst products that we could give to our children.
    Rather than celebrating Coca Cola coming to town we should be protesting- yet another example of the Council not working together- one Department promotes healthy eating and one promotes commercial products that have the opposite effect.

Campaign to Stop Killer Coke | Health Issues
    BBC – h2g2 – Coca-Cola – a Soft Drink with Other Uses – A12590327

PARENTS THINK!

johnhoppy
    Participant

Get a life.

dale
    Participant

Your headline should read “Coca Cola lorry promotes Coke.”

Its not killed me yet, however I don’t drink 2.5 gallons a day and I’m not a heavy smoker (Re your top link)

Get some perspective, its an occasional treat for most people, the same as an occasional chocolate bar or bag of crisps.

Rob
    Participant

Personally I would say anti-union allegations etc would be more of a concern than if it is a healthy choice as at least there is a choice there :) more detail on Criticism of Coca-Cola – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and no doubt google / Mark Thomas videos on Youtube.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Or at least they could send a Shiny Silver “Diet Coke” truck ( should one exist )

justjojo2011
    Participant

There is one massive point that people seem to be missing about the Coca Cola truck coming to Wrexham and that is how much money the town is going to make.

Anyone who went to Broughton last year will remember the sheer chaos trying to get off the A55, let alone trying to get into the carpark (and unfortunately I predict Wrexham becoming deadlocked for most of the day) so imagine all those people coming to Wrexham, spending money in shops, cafe’s even buying a paper in the bus station. It is all revenue into OUR town and that is what we should be focusing on.

We know what coca cola does, we’ve all seen the videos that have been flying around social media since social media began and people will continue to drink it if they choose to regardless of whether or not a truck comes to town.

But for many people, myself included, you know when Christmas is coming when you see the Coca Cola truck ad on TV. Are they cashing in on this massive marketing ploy? Of course they are. You’d have to be completely dense to not know that. They are a business after all and anything that can help drum up and keep business going is a good thing from a business perspective. But imagine the kids faces when they see that truck all lit up?

Someone just asked me on twitter why I’m going again this year when I went last year. The answer is simple. Because I can. Because I can pick my son up from school and take him to see the truck. He is super excited as are a lot of other kids too. Not because they want to drink coke or not (and if they do, that’s down to their parents) but because the truck means Christmas.

Let’s not support the truck coming to town, lets support the town making some much needed revenue. Let’s show the rest of the country that despite the pound shops, pubs and whatever else, we are a good town, with good people who CARE.

Born Acorn
    Participant
    johnhoppy;16852 wrote:
    Get a life.

100px-Coca-Cola_Life_0.5_liter.jpg

Are you sponsored by Coca Cola? :)

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Born Acorn 16870 wrote:

lol No. I don’t actually like the stuff very much, but the arrival of the Coca Cola lorry will certainly cheer up the town and bring in much needed business. Besides, I object to being told what I can and can not do by people who ‘decide’ what’s good for us!

justjojo2011
    Participant

Actually no lol.. I stopped drinking Coca Cola a long time ago when it made me ridiculously hyper.. I now prefer Pepsi lol

@Born Acorn 16870 wrote:

justjojo2011
    Participant

You do? Don’t you know you’re not allowed a mind of your own? lol

@johnhoppy 16871 wrote:

lol No. I don’t actually like the stuff very much, but the arrival of the Coca Cola lorry will certainly cheer up the town and bring in much needed business. Besides, I object to being told what I can and can not do by people who ‘decide’ what’s good for us!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News