Clubs

• Author

BeanCounter
    Participant

Hello,

I’m due to be visiting Wrexham in a few weeks and have been attempting to locate any nightclubs currently trading in the town. Google has only thrown up ‘Liquid & Envy’ – are there any others?

Thanks in advance,

BC

WXMRich
    Participant

Hi,

There’s not much in the way of outright clubs. There is Central Station but the average age is about 19 and it’s expensive (£7 entry, £3.60 drinks).

There are a few nice bars. Voodoo Moon is usually open until 4am on a Saturday. It’s a cocktail bar with a bit of background music. Popular with the 21-40 crowd.

Penny Black (formerly l’etage) has a similar age group although its a bit less classy. The pints are generally vile.

Bank is ok for early in the evening, Wrexham lager on tap.

Ironworks is mixed age group, usually loud after 10ish, small dancefloor. I think it closes at 12 though.

Otherwise there are a few nice pubs on High Street serving real ale. Golden Lion, Royal Oak. There are Lloyds/Yates’ bars near by too.

Finally, The Cambrian. This place shows pretty much the full cultural spectrum of Wrexham. All ages, all personalities. Essentially it’s a pub with a DJ, cheap drinks until 5am. It’s a laugh but don’t take it too seriously and don’t expect ice in your G&T!

Hope you enjoy your night out!

BeanCounter
    Participant

Hi WXMRich,

Thank you very much indeed for your reply – you’ve given me exactly what I was looking for.

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

BC

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

“It is not for local authorities to fund local or national print media”, says Senedd committee

News

Over 6,000 illegal vapes seized in Wrexham in Trading Standards crackdown

News

Former First Minister Mark Drakeford honoured as one of the “Covid heroes”

News