Clearing up Dog Poo or Free Car Parking?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Clearing up Dog Poo or Free Car Parking?

• Author

Stoneagle
    Participant

Our Council can’t stretch the budget to cover the cost of clearing up Dog Poo and giving us free parking in County Parks any longer.

Kingdom are paid by the Council (with our Council Tax) to catch people leaving their Dog Poo for everyone else to find.

So, we’ve got the Cost of Kingdom + the Cost of Streetscene emptying a lot of Dog Poo Bins several times a week being met by Taxpayers.

Why not scrap services to Dog Poo? Instead, every dog walker is responsible for taking their Dog Poo home to dispose of it there. Just think of the savings!

The money saved would mean we wouldn’t have to pay for parking at the Council Parks.

AMA Express
    Participant

I think you’ll find that Kingdom make a tidy profit for themselves and the council get about 11% out of the fines levied.

http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/wrexham-council-slammed-getting-only-12401317

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a dog owner, and think the fine for not picking up could be £1000, the problem is enforcing it. Many will walk the dog after 21.00 hrs and before work , so from 06.00 hrs, Is it being proposed to have dog wardens working longer hours that PCSO’s. Thinking about it , this is a role that PCSO’s could perhaps enforce, they do very little else of value.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=143303]I am a dog owner, and think the fine for not picking up could be £1000, the problem is enforcing it. Many will walk the dog after 21.00 hrs and before work , so from 06.00 hrs, Is it being proposed to have dog wardens working longer hours that PCSO’s. Thinking about it , this is a role that PCSO’s could perhaps enforce, they do very little else of value.[/quote]

You are stating the same problem that happens with the late night drinkers who leave the remains of their take-aways all over town. This isn’t enforced as it is either unsociable hours or, more likely, too hard to enforce.

Back with dog owners, don’t forget to mention the numpties who bag the cr@p and then leave it by the road or hang it from a branch happy that they have done their bit …

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=143300]I think you’ll find that Kingdom make a tidy profit for themselves and the council get about 11% out of the fines levied.

http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/wrexham-council-slammed-getting-only-12401317[/quote]

I wonder what they charge when a zombie does a poo in the street?

123windows
    Participant

[quote quote=143305]

I think you’ll find that Kingdom make a tidy profit for themselves and the council get about 11% out of the fines levied.

http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/wrexham-council-slammed-getting-only-12401317

I wonder what they charge when a zombie does a poo in the street?

[/quote]

Kingdom have got no more powers than the milkman,thats why they won’t patrol town at night targeting people who drop their takeaways etc. They only go for soft daytime targets.

Daave63
    Participant

What powers has your milkman got? Cause rightly or wrongly, kingdom have the power to issue fines!

Council Watcher
    Participant

Fully agree – if you are in town early over the weekend the street scene staff are out doing a brilliant job clearing the streets at a cost to ratepayers who in the main probably are not part of the nighttime economy in Wrexham. Get Kingdom out on their wonderful profit scheme they would make a fortune from fines and the ratepayers of Wrexham wouldn’t have to foot the bill for cleaning.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

9 Tips for Crafting the Perfect College Admission Essay

News

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News