Christmas is crushed by Covid

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Christmas is crushed by Covid

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

The sombre messages coming from all politicians this afternoon and the immediate move to Tier 4 in Wales must surely be a clear warning to everyone who seems to believe that the virus is nothing to worry about. The variant that is now starting to take a hold so rapidly that far more people are likely to catch the virus.

All health staff must be extremely worried that our hospitals are heading to a point of total overload and the very hard decisions of who can be treated and who cant not only for Covid but other life threatening illnesses.

The risk that everyone around you could be a carrier even if they are not ill. Everyone now has a duty to wake up to the reality of what is happening and make sure that they don’t become the next victim – if you need a hospital bed it may not be there for you.

WrexhamUser
    Participant

JaneJ, the constant prophet of doom a little like Drakeford who thinks they have the moral high ground and speaks for us all!

In your little world, your perspective might suit you and your family. So far from your everyday posts it is clear the only thing that you are worried about are the illness. You do not give a damn about the other aspects of it, and I expect they don’t worry you – white, middle-class, nice salary and able to work from home or on a cushy pension by any chance?

Many people tonight will be furious at the greater impact on their life than the extremely small chance of serious illness and death. Please do not try to spread the emotional pleas of the politicians. Let us be real, normally you will not give a damn about my or my families health, it is more about if it will make you family ill.

It is about time people rebelled against this nonsense. The Government and police know it only takes a few hundred people to ignore the law and they will be unable to cope. Hopefully, hundreds of thousands of people will now ignore the law and make the Government aware of the public’s feelings. On other news forums the majority now oppose the Government’s decisions. Your view and most of the participants in the small insular bubble on this forum are in the minority!

zinger
    Participant

About time too. The majority of people I know had already come to the conclusion that Christmas this year was best spent at home.

WrexhamUser
    Participant

Zinger, people will usually say the right thing to others. However, what they say and do are frequently very different. It is the same problem that effects most opinion polls on many issues.

zinger
    Participant

WrexhamUser we have to stay home because there are a few people out there who don’t care because they are of an age that the virus most probably won’t bother them too much.

They think old folk are just old fuddy duddies who have had their lives. If old folk are so selfish as to want to live a little longer why don’t they just stay home & let everyone else get on with their lives going to the pub or the gym or nipping out to do a spot of shopping. That’s why responsible people have decided to stay home this Christmas.

jaycee
    Participant

Wrexhamuseless. It is because of people with your mentality we are where we are at today. Of course you know better.

IMHO
    Participant

Wrexhamuser wrote;

Funny, the quote button isn’t working for me.

“JaneJ, the constant prophet of doom a little like Drakeford who thinks they have the moral high ground and speaks for us all!

In your little world, your perspective might suit you and your family. So far from your everyday posts it is clear the only thing that you are worried about are the illness. You do not give a damn about the other aspects of it, and I expect they don’t worry you – white, middle-class, nice salary and able to work from home or on a cushy pension by any chance?

Many people tonight will be furious at the greater impact on their life than the extremely small chance of serious illness and death. Please do not try to spread the emotional pleas of the politicians. Let us be real, normally you will not give a damn about my or my families health, it is more about if it will make you family ill.

It is about time people rebelled against this nonsense. The Government and police know it only takes a few hundred people to ignore the law and they will be unable to cope. Hopefully, hundreds of thousands of people will now ignore the law and make the Government aware of the public’s feelings. On other news forums the majority now oppose the Government’s decisions. Your view and most of the participants in the small insular bubble on this forum are in the minority!”

Had to chip in here as this is likely to be the only really sensible and thought out post in this thread.
    sensible people apply thought and logic to problems not just emotion and of course emotional blackmail like, save your grannie. By the way i’m over 70 and think we need to get out and get on. Back to the blinkered subservient posters :)

JaneJ
    Participant

wrexhamuser – you have actually made lawed assumption about me — white YES, working from home NO I go out every day and our path may cross if you end up in a hospital ward in Wrexham- Good Salary – most certainly not. Not worried about anyone NO I have had two uncles who have died of Covid- I therefore think I have a right to pass my comments based on experience.

Captain C
    Participant

Wrexham User what planet are you on. This is not a political move it’s the most serious situation since WW2 and it’s people like you who are aiding the spread of Covid 19. Take a big deep breath and realise that your actions will put people in the Maelor and could end up with dying.

WrexhamUser
    Participant

We won’t all be in it together when the pandemic is over. The older generation will still want care subsidised to protect their savings or to avoid selling their house. They will protest if their treble lock pensions, winter fuel allowance, free bus passes, tv licenses, and swimming are challenged. It is a generation that lived beyond its means by paying insufficient taxes to pay for the provisions it expected. However, rather than realise the reality of the economic situation the ‘selfish’ young are now expected to fund it through taxes.

However, the selfish young will get their pensions later, if at all, for lower benefits. They will never get all the other freebies. Some will never own a home. Possibly the selfish old ought to give the younger generation more respect as they are people supporting their current lifestyle. To do that the young need to carry on living, working and that includes opening the whole economy.

Use your critical evaluation skill rather than listen to politicians participating in a moral panic. In the list of causes of death the Government’s figures still have COVID as only the 24th likely reason for death this autumn. Statistically, this is more people’s last Christmas due to other causes of death. Is it morally right to keep the higher proportion of those who will die next year from enjoying their last Christmas due to other reasons than the far fewer elderly who will die of COVID?

Too many people on here are too short sighted. Shall we tell thousands of babies, children and youngsters, we know this might be your last Christmas. However, sorry but you can’t experience your last Christmas as you wanted. Instead we must save someone’s granny! Is granny that selfish?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News