Christmas celebrations

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Christmas celebrations

• Author

Ponciau
    Participant

Sad that Wrexham is not having a Christmas light switch on ,All is not lost come up to the Rhos on Tues 25th nov from 5.30pm for our annual Christmas night ,Bands,Choirs , Grotto,Fairground,Stalls, pantomime characters,hot food ,Light switch on at 6pm ,and Santa will be around the village from 3pm on his sleigh arriving In market St at 6pm. last year in excess of 1000 attended you are all most welcome to this free event! :p

Taffy
    Participant

I didn’t know there wouldn’t be a switch on this year.

Rob
    Participant

Hoping to get more details of what is going on – but it sounds like as the parade goes through town the lights will come on.

Disney christmas-esque!

zinger
    Participant

At 6pm on Thursday November 27th Wrexham’s Christmas lights will be switched on, with a ‘Christmas Lanterns and Lights’ parade held in the town centre rather than the usual larger event style switch on with fireworks. as per Wrexham.com

Fugazi3973
    Participant

To be honest, the Wrexham event sounds really nice. I don’t understand the need for fireworks and the like, this sounds much more traditional and “Christmassy”

The Rhos event on the other hand has become less and less festive as years go by, and whereas there are still some nice stalls selling home made goods, it’s mainly an excuse to sell cheap toys and rides for not so cheap prices.

Wish I could say I would avoid it but chances are someone will have set up a stall right outside my house again (so I literally can’t even leave through my front door) and others will be using my garden as a short cut.

Ponciau
    Participant

@Fugazi3973 15960 wrote:

To be honest, the Wrexham event sounds really nice. I don’t understand the need for fireworks and the like, this sounds much more traditional and “Christmassy”

The Rhos event on the other hand has become less and less festive as years go by, and whereas there are still some nice stalls selling home made goods, it’s mainly an excuse to sell cheap toys and rides for not so cheap prices.

Wish I could say I would avoid it but chances are someone will have set up a stall right outside my house again (so I literally can’t even leave through my front door) and others will be using my garden as a short cut.

I take you live on market St where most of the evening takes place I see you do not mention the grotto where hundreds of children pay only 50p to see Father Christmas and get a gift as well I suggest you get yourself a black hat with BA HUMBUG on it hope I don’t see you there

Fugazi3973
    Participant

I did say there were still some nice stalls, and I would include the Father Christmas, but it’s fallen into the trap of thinking that blasting out loud music on a funfare is the way to go. It isn’t. It’s changed, and not for the better. Less stalls selling home made products and more “funfare” and stalls selling dodgy toys from China. I used to love the evening, now I dread it. The Humbug is for the people who took the Christmas away from the Christmas Parade.

Ponciau
    Participant

sorry for your disappointment but this event is fetching families and neighbours together for a fun experience ,the main objection of this event are the young people and they certainly love it you don’t have to spend a penny if you don’t want to ,we would welcome your input why not come and join us it only takes about 2months to organise and 12 hrs non stop work on the day for no financial reward ! just the the expression of happiness on the children’s faces merry Xmas

Liam
    Participant

Seems like a lot of Wrexham Christmas events are disappearing this year. Erddig’s annual Christmas market isn’t on, which is a great shame. Tend to go every year and it’s always packed with visitors and stalls.

Rob
    Participant

@Liam 15997 wrote:

Seems like a lot of Wrexham Christmas events are disappearing this year. Erddig’s annual Christmas market isn’t on, which is a great shame. Tend to go every year and it’s always packed with visitors and stalls.

That usually goes quite well – they also just won ‘Best Visitor Attraction’ locally so not great to hear :(

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News