Chester Rd …Chaos ???

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Chester Rd …Chaos ???

• Author

weasel
    Participant

Well…the big road works on Chester road are due to start this week….Is it going to be utter chaos and gridlock again >…? Will I ever see Chester again???Aaaggghhh….!!!:eek:

beedar
    Participant

And at the end of the day all these so called improvements are going to do is make the situation about ten times worse

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

Correct me of I’m wrong, but were these road works not originally scheduled for a January THIS year? Doing them on the run up to Christmas just seems absurd, are they deliberately trying to make peoples lives difficult? How are you supposed to get anywhere? Broughton, Chester, Cheshire Oaks, Trafford Centre etc? It’s pathetic.

zinger
    Participant

It’s all part of a cunning plan to make people shop in Wrexham.

dagg
    Participant

@zinger 15163 wrote:

It would never work, nobody wants to shop in Wrexham. :rolleyes:

Steve
    Participant

@zinger 15163 wrote:

People will go the other way to a town filled with lovely old buildings, Shrewsbury :rolleyes:

justjojo2011
    Participant

The works are due to take place over night. The distruption during the day time is expected to be minimal and I would expect some delays at peak times, purely due to the volume of traffic and the fact that some parts of the road will be closed off.

This also has NOTHING to do with Wrexham Council or even the Welsh Government. My understanding is that it’s a Cheshire thing.

Thus far, I have experienced little in the way of delays getting the Number 1 service back into town from Chester Road

Born Acorn
    Participant

It’s not even to do with Cheshire – it’s the Highways Agency, which is the national trunk roads & motorways operator for England.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Well either way, it’s nothing to do with us lol

@Born Acorn 15334 wrote:

It’s not even to do with Cheshire – it’s the Highways Agency, which is the national trunk roads & motorways operator for England.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News