Cheapskates!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cheapskates!

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

Dale, you and the Radar technician are deliberately obfuscating, the point is that REPUTABLE and COMPETENT will rarely, if at all, come rushing towards a customer who’s first words are CHEAP.
    When a potential customer states from the off that he wants a CHEAP JOB, he has already indicated that payment will be grudging and reluctant regardless of the good quality.

Cheap people who want cheap jobs usually get what they deserve.

dale
    Participant

I am the (ex) radar technician!

While I kind of agree with this point, there is a time and a place for cheap.

I am fortunate enough to have a semi decent job, but many people don’t have the same disposable income and live on or near the breadline. If cheap is all they can afford then cheap it is.

When people are living like this then I guess cheap comes top of their priorities, not whether it comes with gold knobs on……….

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Did I miss something here AMA?, why the plane pic ?

dale
    Participant

Maybe he got a cheap holiday?

Sheefag
    Participant

I want a tradesman who is knowledgeable with the correct training and experience, one who is well equipped and carries the proper insurance.
    None of that comes cheap.

dale
    Participant

That’s very worthy, but why have a downer on people who don’t want or can’t afford that?

Sheefag
    Participant

Why have a downer on people trying to earn an honest living?
    Most people who take the courageous risk of going self employed do so for many reasons, a common one is to try to better themselves and build a better life for their families.
    Such noble ambition has always been derided in the Peoples Republic Of Wrexham.

dale
    Participant

So someone who comes along and does a “cheap” job doesn’t deserve to earn a living then?

I think there’s room in our society for all kinds of people, from the bob a job handyman doing “cheap” jobs to the skilled trades. All serve a function and cater to different customers.

For God’s sake don’t ever stray over to moneysavingexpert website, your head would explode….

Sheefag
    Participant

Generally, I try to make sure that the people I engage have experience, a track record, have insurance, are paying tax and aren’t stealing from their employers.
    These kind of people deserve to make a living.
    Your mileage may vary.

dale
    Participant

Your thouroughness in scrutinising and auditing your trades peoples tax affairs and criminal records is to be applauded.

Give yourself a pat on the back.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News