Champions

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Champions

• Author

gogledd
    Participant

As there is no report on the fantastic game of rugby league that took place on Sunday 1st September between North Wales Crusaders and South Wales ScorpionsI have place a link on this post.

There were 1562 in attendance – the highest gate in Championship 1 this season. The game was nip and tuck and at one stage in the second half was 22 all. Crusaders needed 1 point to win the league. Scorpions needed at least two points from the game and were relying on other teams performances to have any hope of a play-off place.

Finally a 12-man Crusaders team came up with two winning tries to end their 100% winning home record and be crowned Championship 1 Champions. Crusaders added the Championship 1 cup to their Northern Rail Bowl in the silverware cupboard.

The fans were loud and proud and created a fantastic atmosphere.

Congratulations to everyone involved in the club; at the end of our Super League days we were all standing on the pitch wondering whether we would have any rugby league in Wrexham. Amazingly in two seasons we have gone from a scratch team to Championship 1 league champions.

Well done to the directors, the coaching staff, the backroom boys and girls, the volunteers, the bondholders but most of all to the terrific supporters. CRU, CRU, CRUSADERS!

Crusaders crowned Championship One Champions | North Wales Crusaders

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Roll on next season..

Come on Wrexham.com give the Crusaders some credit on the site…

zinger
    Participant

I agree with Gogledd. The game was no walkover but the Crusaders wanted to win for their fans. The atmosphere was terrific. A great family sport. Well done to everyone involved.

gogledd
    Participant

I am deliberately bumping this thread up the forum until I get an answer from Wrexham.com as the why they haven’t covered the story of north Wales Crusaders winning the Championship 1 league and Northern Rail bowl double, finishing the season Champions with 1005 home record and only 2 losses in the league all season.

It would make a nice change for a good news and sporting success story.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@gogledd 9035 wrote:

I am deliberately bumping this thread up the forum until I get an answer from Wrexham.com as the why they haven’t covered the story of north Wales Crusaders winning the Championship 1 league and Northern Rail bowl double, finishing the season Champions with 1005 home record and only 2 losses in the league all season.

It would make a nice change for a good news and sporting success story.

Agreed, it would be nice if Wrexham.com covered this..

zinger
    Participant

I agree. When Wrexham have a success story we should shout it from the rooftops.

gogledd
    Participant

I never did get a reply to my comment on why Wrexham.com didn’t cover the sporting success of the North Wales Crusaders. Any comment Rob?

zinger
    Participant

Well Rob?

Rob
    Participant

Crusaders did have coverage but it was cut n paste so the aim at the start of the summer was to offer all local sports an input to the site and twitter account. Sadly James, who did the ace Wrexham FC coverage, worked the summer elsewhere so inital plans – which involved the cru, local cricket and swimming , did not develop.

The aim is to revive the project now hes ‘back’. You can view the @wrexhamsport account where this will go.

The aim is to get a volunteer as per Wrexham FC score updates but not arranged that and with twitter changes the method planned to offer trackable logins has been paused.

There is a new system live soon for all sports/news/pr so and James is going to be working on making all sports locally aware of it time dependant.

Theres no point cut n pasting stuff and prefer to do stuff as fresh as possible. I know there has been some conspiracy theories on this – they came in via email along with some abuse :)

Worth noting that twitter coverage has been decent with games and the promo of them.

Incidently anyone , whatever sport, who wants to do write ups or pics then get in touch….

zinger
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Rob. I know that you can’t be everywhere at once. Crusaders have had their problems in the same way as Wrexham FC & deserve recognition for how they have persevered & come part way through the tunnel.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News