Central Retail Park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Central Retail Park

• Author

asteve76
    Participant

Does anyone think that the development of the central retail park on central road was a worthwhile investment?
    I can’t even remember the time when all the units were occupied at the same time.
    And ever since PC World moved up the road to Plas Coch, its old unit has remained empty.
    The area, to me, has always appeared to be a bit of a ghost town.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

The obvious answer to your first point is NO, and its more of a car park than a town. It would have been better if they had demolished that old lager building too, what a sight!

beedar
    Participant

All it’s contributed to is to cause one of the worst designed road systems in living memory

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

One of the units would make an ideal day and night hostel run by a charity to help the homeless problem in Wrexham–

asteve76
    Participant

@beedar 18996 wrote:

All it’s contributed to is to cause one of the worst designed road systems in living memory

I was going to raise that exact point.
    What an annoying and completely unnecessary change.
    For me, the worst section is having to filter into your lane from the Royal Mail delivery office to regent house. What was wrong with the two way system we had before?

justjojo2011
    Participant

I remember when that system was first put in place. Getting out from by my nans, whatever direction you wanted to go in, was a nightmare. Before, you always had a chance because of the changing of the lights but after the new system, it was impossible. SHe lived in Belvedere Drive.

As for the old lager building that is now used as ACT training, they can’t knock it down. It’s listed.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Jojojojo,
    what the hell has getting out from your Nans in Belverdere Drive got to do with the road system at Central Road?? How many miles of clearance do you need before you pull out?

But fair play, you did noticed my comment about the lager building, it was a joke!

asteve76
    Participant

Update.
    I noticed some activity inside the old PC World store last week.
    The lights were on and there was a lorry parked outside.
    No more info I’m afraid and it may turn out to be nothing but just letting you know.

wid9999
    Participant

Didn’t I see an article about Pure Gym opening on Central Retail park? a 24hour gym.

AMA Express
    Participant

@asteve76 19463 wrote:

Update.
    I noticed some activity inside the old PC World store last week.
    The lights were on and there was a lorry parked outside.
    No more info I’m afraid and it may turn out to be nothing but just letting you know.

God, my life’s so boring, compared to yours. :D

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News