CCTV do they work?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum CCTV do they work?

• Author

sparky1
    Participant

do the CCTV in wrexham work ?

Sheefag
    Participant

There’s an easy way to find out.

AMA Express
    Participant

Depends on which CCTVs you’re referring to.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Sure they work. They capture what they are supposed to capture. Trouble is, the quality is so bad, no one knows who they’re capturing in the first place

sparky1
    Participant

just seams a bit strange that people are being attacked mugged broken into and who ever is doing it must vanish ???????????

beedar
    Participant

Yes, vanish into too much paperwork

locallad
    Participant

I remember reading that Wrexham cameras had been responsible for around 25000 arrests since it was started up in 1997.So that cctv does work.

AMA Express
    Participant

As a licenced CCTV operator I can assure you that it nowhere near as easy to track someone on cameras as it appears to be on DCI Banks, Law & Order UK and so on. Most of it is down to luck, intuition and, dare I say it, stereotyping.

So few establishments these days are still using tape on a loop that hasn’t been changed in months and therefore is producing images of a very low quality. This is why you’ll often see images published in appeals that are quite frankly almost useless.

bobbychaz
    Participant

Is it just me or are others scared to go to town, day and especially nighttime ?

Sheefag
    Participant

Just you I would think.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News