Caught On Camera Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Caught On Camera Wrexham

• Author

Metalhead
    Participant

Just wondering what percentage of suspects get successfully identified as a result of this feature? Most of these pictures look like they were taken with a potato! Also is it such a great idea to show criminals just how crap some of these systems are?

For example:

https://www.wrexham.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/localstore.jpg

welshrabbit
    Participant

Metalhead
    Did you pose for the picture just to prove a point? (lol)

Rob
    Participant

No ideas on percentages but it seems they are handy and do work.

The quality is shocking with some, and it makes you wonder if its a case of old systems not upgraded as I cant imagine new systems are put in place that low resolution.

“If I had a pound for every pixel… I would have £2” etc etc

Metalhead
    Participant

@welshrabbit 10505 wrote:

Metalhead
    Did you pose for the picture just to prove a point? (lol)

The thing is the guy in the picture is my sort of height, build and like me has short dark hair. Luckily the quality is so terrible that I can still shop in Rhosddu Spar! :D

If this feature does work then great, I’m glad to hear it. We have a system at work which is very good when you play back uncompressed video footage but captured stills are pretty poor. I have been looking at this feature on the site over the past few months & some of these have been so bad that all I could see them doing was lulling any would be criminals into a false sense of security.

Rob
    Participant

I can remember one that was clearly a picture of an image on a monitor! :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News