Care Homes and Care Worker PPE

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Care Homes and Care Worker PPE

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Theresa what a ridiculous and callous assumption that all care workers are living a life as you describe. Your generalisation shows no respect for all these hard-working individuals who on a daily basis are often putting their own lives at risk.
    You only need to see the figures of all those people who are dying in care homes to realise that staff are at risk every time they attend for work.
    Maybe Theresa you may want to go into one of the care homes or into a hospital to take on one of these roles rather than attempt to paint such a biased view of people who are truly angels looking after the elderly in our community.

Theresa
    Participant

I am actually putting my life at risk every day by working in a hospital and facing this virus every day, so I already have one of these roles that you wish me to take on!
    It is not a ridiculous and callous assumption, it’s an observation and opinion shared by me and many others regarding the disregard for life when these ‘hard working individuals’ should know better!
    I do know the figures of people dying in care homes and the hospital and is why I have no respect for the people who work in these places that have absolutely no thoughts for anyone else but themselves when having their neighbours, family and friends around.
    They are the very ones crying for PPE at work, yet show complete disregard outside of work.

JaneJ
    Participant

If you are working in a hispsiatl then I would respect your view but do think is is a very bad refejction to assume all care staff have the disregard you refre to – I know of many staff in care homes who would be mortifed if they saw their collegues behaving in the manner yiu portray

Matt
    Participant

What’s the point in providing PPE for careworkers, when those same careworkers have got their neighbours, family and friends around at their house for beers for a nice little get together?

Theresa, can we have some evidence that this is happening widespread, beyond some anecdotal evidence or hearsay, otherwise didn’t happen.

Ridiculous generalisation, flying in the face of morale of the general public and care workers looking to protect and save lives.

Shame.

TimRegency
    Participant

Indeed, Matt, I have a family member who works in care and she’s very diligent about taking precautions against possible spread.

Re: PPE, it looks like Public Health England is gazumping Wales’ orders. I’m no Plaid supporter, but find the content of Adam Price’s recent Twitter feed very concerning. Firms barring orders from Wales.

This after PHE appeared to jump on Wales’ order for testing kits too. The WAG perhaps should be more vocal about this.

zinger
    Participant

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-04-15/ppe-supplier-england-only-policy-for-care-homes/

Wales were obviously no better prepared than England. But then, why would they be.

“It repeatedly stresses the importance of the four UK nations working together and sharing resources but it also explains that to buy certain items from wholesalers, care providers have to be registered with the Care Quality Commission, which only operates in England.”

“There is no similar arrangement for care providers registered with the equivalent Welsh body, Care Inspectorate Wales.”

“The Welsh Government says care homes here should order PPE from their local councils, though the minister who took the daily coronavirus press conference conceded there are problems with distribution.”

This is yet another problem with not having a UK wide National Health Service.

zinger
    Participant

No need for PPE when you have carers like these.
    So proud that these are Wrexham Carers & carehomes. They like Tom Moore are inspirational.

https://www.oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/news/18380275.wrexham-care-home-teams-thanked-locking-residents/

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News