Car Damage at Peoples Market

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Car Damage at Peoples Market

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

There was nothing on view, I guess they just took a chance on finding something.

lazyjack
    Participant

@BenjaminM 14752 wrote:

Obviously you hadn’t taken notice of Police advice to remove all valuables (or whatever) from view!

Obviously you didn’t know the facts before spouting off……

missmarple
    Participant

My husband’s motorbike was stolen from our garage just after Easter. Through word of mouth he found out it was being offered for sale (photo of it in someone’s kitchen). Police tried to track it down but to no avail. A week later, Merseyside police stopped a transit van before it entered the tunnel at 1am on a Monday morning and found the motorbike in the back with some damage due to being ridden and the identifying stickers and hand guards removed. Bike recovered and returned to my husband. However the 3 lads who were caught with it were let off by the CPS because they said they didn’t realise it was stolen and had bought of someone but they didn’t know who and had met them in a carpark???! :( Useless!

johnhoppy
    Participant

@BenjaminM 14752 wrote:

Obviously you hadn’t taken notice of Police advice to remove all valuables (or whatever) from view!

That’s hardly the point, when the police have positive evidence against persons of an offence being committed and they take no action.

tmack
    Participant

I sympathise with Harry. Same thing happened to me just yesterday at the NCP. My car was only 5 days old. Gutted! I actually witnessed the same thing happening to someone else a couple of months ago but before I realised they weren’t going to stop I wasn’t quick enough to get their number plate. What really has disappointed me was the CCTV camera coverage, i.e. lack of. I was shown 2 cameras which were directed at the entrance and exit barriers. Whose benefit is that for I wonder? Certainly not the motorist, even though there are signs everywhere telling you the car park is monitored by CCTV – its a lie. In addition I had to wait 20 minutes for an attendant to come and see me after pressing the button (twice!) to get through to their call centre on their ticket machine. Turns out there was only one member of staff on duty (pleasant enough young lad mind). So in actual fact your car isn’t in any way safe there and you’re paying an extortionate amount of money for the priveledge of parking there. You might as well find a side street, park for free and take your chances. I think there would be more chance of someone witnessing anything happening too but from other people’s experiences this wouldn’t matter either as the police won’t persue anyway. My one positive experience out of this is the fantastic customer service received from Stoneacre who have rectified the damage free of charge, totally above and beyond in my opinion. Not advertising but had to give them a mention.

MP1953
    Participant

@tmack 14762 wrote:

I sympathise with Harry. Same thing happened to me just yesterday at the NCP. My car was only 5 days old. Gutted! I actually witnessed the same thing happening to someone else a couple of months ago but before I realised they weren’t going to stop I wasn’t quick enough to get their number plate. What really has disappointed me was the CCTV camera coverage, i.e. lack of. I was shown 2 cameras which were directed at the entrance and exit barriers. Whose benefit is that for I wonder? Certainly not the motorist, even though there are signs everywhere telling you the car park is monitored by CCTV – its a lie. In addition I had to wait 20 minutes for an attendant to come and see me after pressing the button (twice!) to get through to their call centre on their ticket machine. Turns out there was only one member of staff on duty (pleasant enough young lad mind). So in actual fact your car isn’t in any way safe there and you’re paying an extortionate amount of money for the priveledge of parking there. You might as well find a side street, park for free and take your chances. I think there would be more chance of someone witnessing anything happening too but from other people’s experiences this wouldn’t matter either as the police won’t persue anyway. My one positive experience out of this is the fantastic customer service received from Stoneacre who have rectified the damage free of charge, totally above and beyond in my opinion. Not advertising but had to give them a mention.

Dear dear deary me, charging the earth and take no responsibility whatsoever, thats the way it is today .. :(:(

Theresa
    Participant

People have no respect for other peoples property these days.

Car are especially vunerable :(

My car is 17 years old now, with dents, etc from previous owners, but I still respect other peoples cars if I have to park next to them, although I usually try and park well away from other cars, taking up two spaces if I can get away with it, in the hope that no one can park next to me and damage it (it’s a hard car to get parts for) :(

johnhoppy
    Participant

Part of the problem is the size of parking spaces. It seems to be a ‘one size fits all’ except for the disabled and mother and child parking bays. Unfortunately all cars are not the same size and I sometimes struggle to get into spaces (I have a larger car because I have 2 dogs and a grandchild). In the USA most car parks have parking bays which are slightly larger to accommodate bigger cars, and this may be a solution to minor scrapes. I can never see it happening though as the car park operators try to squeeze as many cars as possible into the available area!!

lazyjack
    Participant

@johnhoppy 14772 wrote:

Part of the problem is the size of parking spaces. It seems to be a ‘one size fits all’ except for the disabled and mother and child parking bays. Unfortunately all cars are not the same size and I sometimes struggle to get into spaces (I have a larger car because I have 2 dogs and a grandchild). In the USA most car parks have parking bays which are slightly larger to accommodate bigger cars, and this may be a solution to minor scrapes. I can never see it happening though as the car park operators try to squeeze as many cars as possible into the available area!!

I was thinking the same, the size of the bays was probably ok 30 years ago when cars were generally smaller but nowadays they are just not the right size. In the USA they sometimes have their bays at an angle so it’s easier to drive in and out of the space.

Also, how often are the car parks actually full ? There’s no need to cram in as many bays as they do. In fact Eagles Meadow could offer BOGOF on parking bays they have that many empty.

cmaj76
    Participant

Can’t say too much but the cctv has provided a positive result so thanks to NW Police and WCBC for their help.:)

Just have to wait a few weeks now for it to be fully resolved.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News