Car Damage at Peoples Market

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Car Damage at Peoples Market

• Author

cmaj76
    Participant

Why do some people think its acceptable to drive off after damaging another person’s car?

I was parked up today at the peoples market next to a dark / black Peugeot 307 (I should have known better as it already had a big scrape down the side). When I came back, the car was driving away quite briskly. Only after I had got the kids in the car did I notice a big scrape on my back bumper.:mad:

I’ve contacted the council and police to see if they can identify the car / number plate but they’ve not been much help to be honest.

I was only in town to pay in a cheque after some other prat hit my car a few weeks ago (totally his fault):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

morri58
    Participant

Same thing happened to me a while back when I was parked up, came back to find the back bumper all scraped. I had only had the car 9 days it made me feel sick to the stomach. Some people have no respect for other peoples things. I bet they would go mad if it was the other way around.

Rob
    Participant

It could be worth doing a Subject Access Request for a copy of the CCTV – of you of course.

CCTV and the Data Protection Act – ICO

It may have caught the incident if straight before / after, plus also may help show that the damage occurred there on the site.

Likewise it may indadvertedly show information on the offending vehicle / owners or other creative uses of the material.

(Mark Thomas put this to fun use here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-La714aW4U4#t=84 where he videoed police and submitted a similar request to get the other side of the surveillance video :) )

harry
    Participant

Same thing happened to me in the NCP – St Marks last year, someone had ‘tried’ to park next me and scraped the whole side of my car :( as I was at work I had no idea of the time it had happened, and I was told CCTV only covered outside. Cost me £400 to get it fixed (only to find months later someone at Sainsburys disliked my rear bumper and pushed their trolley along it , my car was new too as I change it every 24 months) However regardless of age/cost of the car its unacceptable that these s**ts get away with. :mad::mad:

I look after my cars – washed weekly, waxed & polished monthly, always serviced etc, I make a habit of parking away from other cars these days but always find someone has parked close to me. Also when getting in /out of my car I make sure I don’t touch the other car with my door. Im sure when you park up a nice shiny car it encourages people to destroy it :mad:

Huw
    Participant

This is the main reason my Wife and I got rid of our new car and bought something a bit older. There are so many bad drivers out there, and also a lot of jealous people who just don’t like to see people driving a shiny new car. Cars are a huge waste of money these days, you are better off buying an old banger and spending the money you have saved on your house or a holiday!

cmaj76
    Participant

I’m exactly the same with my car Harry.

Anyway, I got a call back from the police last night and they are going to review the cctv and I have an appointment later today to go and see them. Although I’m not quite sure why I need to take my license, insurance and MOT, surely its all in the DVLA database?

rinky
    Participant

You would think you car would be safe on your own drive NOT…….
    Tesco Wrexham delivery driver hit mine
    My word against his

NEVER STEP IN TO TESCO AGAIN

Andy
    Participant

“My word against his” Returned and found my car damaged etc.
    That’s why I have one of these- 1080P HD CAR DVR Vehicle Video Camera Recorder Dash Cam G-sensor HDMI GS8000L | eBay

+£10 for a 32gb micro sd card

Rondetto
    Participant

In exactly the same car park my car was broken into, they smashed the windows and took what they could. Police attended and later in the day an officer came to my house and said they’d caught two lads and they even had them on CCTV doing the crime. They even had splints of my cars glass on them.
    Didn’t hear anything for months so rang up the police station and they told me they had been released with no charge.
    £450 in damage that I had to fork out to repair the damage. What’s the point of CCTV if they let criminals off scott free?

BenjaminM
    Participant

Obviously you hadn’t taken notice of Police advice to remove all valuables (or whatever) from view!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News

Free Easter Egg Hunt in Wrexham city centre tomorrow!

News