Capital programme for council houses

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Capital programme for council houses

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Is choosing the area’s alphabetically for new kitchens & bathrooms the fairest way?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If the funding is there to cover the whole alphabet I suppose it’s as good a way as any other. If the houses were chosen by other methods there’s a chance that one house will benefit whilst next door does not. At least by blitzing a ward it’s done and then work can start on the next.

Chris
    Participant

I wonder if the Manchester contractor will get this work as well #solarpannels #rendering

zinger
    Participant

How does it work? A friend whose street name was at the latter end of the alphabet, still had a pull chain toilet. The plumbing was obsolete so the kitchen taps were replaced with wash basin ones. It was a struggle to fill the kettle. Newer streets in the area had new roofs & drop pavements. I would hate to live in Worthenbury. They may still have to use chemical toilets & oil lamps.

michellecook
    Participant

@Chris 4478 wrote:

I wonder if the Manchester contractor will get this work as well #solarpannels #rendering

I hope not, they are worst than useless :mad:

They fitted my solar panels, was 6 months before they flicked the switch to switch them on.

I know of many people who had new windows and boilers only for them to either not work or not fitted properly.

Liam
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 4476 wrote:

If the funding is there to cover the whole alphabet I suppose it’s as good a way as any other. If the houses were chosen by other methods there’s a chance that one house will benefit whilst next door does not. At least by blitzing a ward it’s done and then work can start on the next.

Funding has yet to be secured for the full kitchen/bathroom upgrade, I think it’s a four or five year rolling programme. They’ve relied on prudential borrowing to fund a lot of this year’s programme and as several councillors pointed out, there could be a cap on that soon.

You could end up with your Abenburys and Actons with shiny new kitchens whilst Worthenbury and Wynnstay miss out.

zinger
    Participant

That is my concern Liam. Knowing how many vans & plumbers turned up to change my friends tap, I don’t hold out much hope for them. With regards to the solar panels, a house on the same street had scaffolding put up on the north side of the house.

Rob
    Participant

One wag suggested on twitter las night there could be renaming applications….

Aoverton , aaaaaruabon etc!

zinger
    Participant

I wonder if they will refit bathrooms & kitchens in houses that have recently have had new within the last five years say. If so, what a waste of money. Some people have had the same bathroom suite for over 60 years.

Rob
    Participant

They will assess each one, however it was said the Welsh Gov standard is very high – numbers of sockets, cupboard units etc.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News