Candidates for Wrexham Election

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Candidates for Wrexham Election

• Author

DerekJackson
    Participant

So how will the Political Parties get there – try looking for information on Wrexham Labour Party and who is standing – no information in fact they don’t seem to have a website, their Facebook last seemed to have a post last time end of September. No candidate info and no selected person – looks like they will be left being as they are not even on the starting line.
    Conservatives have no Welsh Assembly information since September 9th and no reference at all about the effect of the election on Wales. There is no information about devolved services to Wales- clearly the Conservatives are Westminster centric and have no knowledge about the Wales context. No opinions since 2nd October. Is this really a Party that have Wrexham’s interest?

Brexit is an also ran that will jump ship from one party to another.

Plaid at least have someone who is from Wrexham and been a bit of a figure head in local Council politics for some time – trouble is she is in a Party that has remained almost silent throughout the last couple of months and no clarity on their position or who if anyone they would be prepared to align themselves.

Green Party – well Duncan has been trying now for about 16+ years to be selected at either Local, Wales or National political levels.

????? Parties not declared — will there by a Lib Dem or someone from a Wacky party or stand as Independent.

The Parties have got to pull out their finger if they are to get any of the ‘undecided’ voters to get their support – were is Social Media, were are the Party Manifestos – will they be Westminster only or will the Parties acknowledge the difference in Wales. 42 days to go and this as much uncertainty as the whole Brexit debates that have led to the Election.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

I am standing as a Nondependant on a platform heel. With my main promise to the plebs, sorry voters, being Freerolls🧻 for all.

DerekJackson
    Participant

That sounds a brilliant manifesto – you have my vote!!!!!!

newwales
    Participant

Its only today that official election starts so i guess over the next week or so candidates will put their names forward. Wonder how many die hard labour & conservative voters will still vote for there party what ever the policies are.? Im always look at policies & choose who i will vote for.

Matt
    Participant

Parliament doesn’t dissolve until 5th November so the official election and purdah period doesn’t even begin until 6th November.

It is understandable that Labour has not yet got a candidate forward as Ian Lucas only recently decided to stand down as an MP before the next election. This has been an issue for many constituencies across the UK – even for the Government with MPs still standing down on a daily basis – with uncertainty over what candidates will replace them for the incumbent party. Snap elections are far from standard or certain.

Realistically it’s going to be a 2 horse race between Lab/Tories as it has been for the past few elections.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=176233]Parliament doesn’t dissolve until 5th November so the official election and purdah period doesn’t even begin until 6th November.

It is understandable that Labour has not yet got a candidate forward as Ian Lucas only recently decided to stand down as an MP before the next election. This has been an issue for many constituencies across the UK – even for the Government with MPs still standing down on a daily basis – with uncertainty over what candidates will replace them for the incumbent party. Snap elections are far from standard or certain.

Realistically it’s going to be a 2 horse race between Lab/Tories as it has been for the past few elections.[/quote]

That’s right. I’m a member and know that Labour now have a short-list and will very soon be holding a hustings to hear from the candidates and then elect somebody.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It will be a short list but not as short as the number of Elected Labour MP’s. Saddled with the treachery to the Welsh leave vote of the un-democratic Lucas (and his Welsh leave denial cronies), the Labour candidate doesn’t stand a chance as there will be only one leave candidate either the Brexit Party or Conservatives. I urge the conservatives not to field a candidate in the constituency that has recently been confirmed to fully be a Brexit constituency. As for the Liberal un-democratic party – these are a bigger joke than Labour. I believe their Leader (as a Scot) has been planted in Westminster by the SNP to stop Brexit – a total reversal of their former policy. To vote Lib-Dems is a vote for the takeover of England and Wales by the Scots !

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=176248]It will be a short list but not as short as the number of Elected Labour MP’s. Saddled with the treachery to the Welsh leave vote of the un-democratic Lucas (and his Welsh leave denial cronies), the Labour candidate doesn’t stand a chance as there will be only one leave candidate either the Brexit Party or Conservatives. I urge the conservatives not to field a candidate in the constituency that has recently been confirmed to fully be a Brexit constituency. As for the Liberal un-democratic party – these are a bigger joke than Labour. I believe their Leader (as a Scot) has been planted in Westminster by the SNP to stop Brexit – a total reversal of their former policy. To vote Lib-Dems is a vote for the takeover of England and Wales by the Scots ![/quote]

Votethecouncillorsout stumbles into the room largely with a mad and wild drunken look in their eyes, people look over and realise who it is and then go back to their own conversations. A vaguely harrowing rant sound ebbs over the crowd, but no-one is interested – wildly animated but a too repetitive and shadow of a performance that it is too easily ignored. Satisfied with said rant Votethecouncillorsout returns back into the blackness that they once came – having neither provided substance nor convinced anyone that a political argument took place.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=176248]It will be a short list but not as short as the number of Elected Labour MP’s. Saddled with the treachery to the Welsh leave vote of the un-democratic Lucas (and his Welsh leave denial cronies), the Labour candidate doesn’t stand a chance as there will be only one leave candidate either the Brexit Party or Conservatives. I urge the conservatives not to field a candidate in the constituency that has recently been confirmed to fully be a Brexit constituency. As for the Liberal un-democratic party – these are a bigger joke than Labour. I believe their Leader (as a Scot) has been planted in Westminster by the SNP to stop Brexit – a total reversal of their former policy. To vote Lib-Dems is a vote for the takeover of England and Wales by the Scots ![/quote]

The problem with this argument is that we’ve been here before and it didn’t work out like you hoped.

Just over two years ago, Theresa May called her snap election for the very specific purpose of strengthening her hand for brexit and it ended up with a hung Parliament.

Just because a person is very eager for something to happen doesn’t mean that is what will happen.

parkingmad
    Participant

One thing, I will not vote for the liberal’s.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News