Can you give JUST £50?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Can you give JUST £50?

• Author

Simon
    Participant

I’m going to see what, if any responses there are, before I start to debate…

The floor is yours…

https://i.postimg.cc/mkrMjwmR/just50.jpg

Simon
    Participant

Oh go on then….

I’m suspicious (without checking at this time of night) that this is a scam

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

“Just” £50? Who are they aiming this at?

Most adverts are £2 or £3 but “Just” £50?

I wish I had “Just” £50 right now!

Simon
    Participant

I can’t find Just50 on the Rotary, Tesco etc websites

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Simon, I am sure the food will arrive cold coming from Derwen College, Oswestry, Shropshire SY11 3JA and the account is a Barclays account in Flint.

Simon
    Participant

Simon, I am sure the food will arrive cold coming from Derwen College, Oswestry, Shropshire SY11 3JA and the account is a Barclays account in Flint.

Owain Glyndwr I hope not too many people, companies etc have fallen for this!

Molly
    Participant

This is not a scam. This is a bona fide request by the Rotary clubs of Wrexham which is aimed at local business to see if they can help in this worthy cause. It is still in it’s infancy but already working very well. All Rotary clubs are part of Rotary International, one of the largest humanitarian organisations in the world and each club has to have their accounts thoroughly scrutinised and reported to their members. Every penny raised for Rotary Good Causes is used for what it says and in fact Rotary International have been in the top five in the world over the last two years for the amount given to help others. There are no fat cat salaries paid out of money raised from the public by local clubs.

I have also added a letter below sent to me by a local Wrexham man who is also a member of Rotary International.

Molly Youd
    Rotary International Public Image Coordinator
    and Past District Governor

As someone born and raised in Wrexham my love for the town has never diminished and I have found reports of drug misuse and homelessness in the town extremely disturbing. The proposal by the four Wrexham Rotary Clubs to work together with the community to support the homeless and needy is, in my opinion, a hugely commendable and worthwhile exercise worthy of the traditions that have made Rotary the shining beacon that it is in world and local affairs. Our motto “Service above self” is no idle boast but a way of life for all Rotarians and supporting those less fortunate than ourselves is in many ways a thank you for our own good fortune. Those who doubt the aims of this exercise merely have to click on to the websites of the four clubs in Wrexham to see that what is being done is above board, legal, and something of which the town of Wrexham should be proud.
    Michael Clutton
    Chair of Rotary District 1180 Community Team and Past District Governor

Molly
    Participant

Following on from this report, there is an open day next Wednesday 24th October at the Wynnstay Hotel Wrexham where members of the four Wrexham Rotary clubs will be available to talk about what they do in our local and international communities. Please come along and talk to us and see what we do. Who knows? you might even want to join us. Drop in sessions from 12noon till 2.30pm and 5.30pm till 7pm.

Simon
    Participant

Very interesting Molly!

I’m sure you can appreciate my initial scepticism though, as I was unable, in this day and age, to find any information regarding JUST50 on the Internet. Especially, with the illustrated flyer doing the rounds on Social Media.

Molly
    Participant

Absolutely Simon. You were right to question. There are so many scams around . It is such a sad world when we all have to question things but you were right to do so. Look on the positive. It has given us an opportunity as Rotarians to talk about the work we do and we have great fun doing it. By all means pop in to the Wynnstay next Wednesday and have a chat. Just ask for me. We are in the same business in a sense trying to help the community.

Kind regards

Molly

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News