Calon FM Marathon Show

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Calon FM Marathon Show

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Two young Wrexham students Josh Collins and Adam Stewart are attempting a gruelling 52 hour marathon radio show on Calon FM. They are hoping to raise awareness and funds for the Tennage Cancer Trust. Good luck and I will be listening in!

wrexview
    Participant

They are on 105fm or [email protected] , if you either want to listen or contact them !

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Does anyone know how the fund raising for the Teenage Cancer Trust is going on Calon FM? I am a softie for cancer fund raising and any small change I have goes in the collection tins.

Mike
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 5358 wrote:

Does anyone know how the fund raising for the Teenage Cancer Trust is going on Calon FM? I am a softie for cancer fund raising and any small change I have goes in the collection tins.

They set up a Just Giving page here and are doing pretty well.

Rob (as in Wrexham.com Rob!) will be on their show from about 10 or 11 this morning. I’ve had a note to say he is concerned about the odour he’ll be walking into (as they’ll be coming towards the end of the 52 hours by then!).

wrexview
    Participant

Just listening in now they sound very coherent for two people who have been awake over 48hrs about 4 to go!! Like the idea that they will catch up on some TV when they finish, sleep would be my first option !!!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

They did very well. I couldn’t listen in as was in work but donated by text.

Rob
    Participant

I popped in and the 30min slot turned into 2 hrs!

Great pair of lads and it was good to see the local community getting behind it with wierd and wonderful ideas, supplies and help!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I wouldn’t have known about it if I hadn’t read the article on here. So thanks for publicising it.

wrexview
    Participant

They are up to £892.25 on their Just Giving page , an excellent effort for an extremely worthwhile cause the Teenage Cancer Trust.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Over £900 now.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News

“Wrexham is the place for investment” says Lead councillor for economy

News