Caia Park Wrexham is turning into a bad place to raising our children 2018

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Caia Park Wrexham is turning into a bad place to raising our children 2018

• Author

misscheeky
    Participant

I have lived in caia Park housing estate all my life that be nearly 40 years i like many that live in caia Park was brought up by a good hard working respectable family growing up all i knew of were good people now the place is like living in a hell hole and nothing ever seems to be done about it it’s getting worse and worse, nothing ever seems to be done about the crimes committed around there on a daily basis people are selling drugs, burglaries are frequently happening, bully’s bullying funerable children right in front of the families eyes, fires are a massive increase every night another crime is happening many knife attacks have gone on in the area, i would never say bad about the place at one time but now it’s like i as I’m sure many other families agree a bad area to want to raise our children, it’s a disgrace and nothing will get better I don’t believe as it’s like a place that people are just shoved as a last resort half of the estate are foreign god knows why anyone would want to be moved here unless they’ve committed a real bad crime. But yet trying to move out of this hell hole is like as much chance as being eaten by a great white shark..

Council Watcher
    Participant

Misscheeky -it is really sad that you feel the way that you do for your area- it sounds like you feel the whole area has been left to criminal fraternity- is this the case for the whole estate or just certain parts. I read in the papers family names of people involved in crime that used to be in the papers 40 years ago when I last worked there with families – really tragic that families with problems despite having 10’s thousands of pounds being thrown at them still have these issues.

What are your Councillors doing to raise all of your issues? Are there no meetings of residents that everyone can get together to talk through and get a collective voice for everyone? Lots of you will be Council tenants and the landlord needs to look after everyone if there is anti-social behaviour going on — they are able to evict bad tenants.

What do Caia Park Partnership and The Venture do – don’t they provide help?

Simon
    Participant

The pure size and physical geography of Queens Park makes for difficult policing.
    It’s an expanding estate as well with new homes being built on the outskirts etc. In 2001 the Census declared it had a population of 11,882 in 5,019 household. I’d make a guess that the estate now has a population exceeding 15,000.
    So, with something like only 4 or 5 PCSO’s, and little more actual PC’s assigned to the area, how can anyone expect a reassuring police presence?
    Moving the Police H.Q away from the fringes of the estate out of town is baffling. Whilst across the border in Chester they moved their H.Q to Blacon which has a slightly larger population than Queens Park but with the same problems? Make your own mind up what you think is the most pragmatic move by either force?

Simon
    Participant

Blacon Parade, the equivalent to Prince Charles Road, in recent times has undergone a massive regeneration. Blacon Parade is now a cheerful, well-lit place with thriving businesses and shops. Until Prince Charles Road is subject to the same regeneration, you can’t really envisage any change to the anti-social behaviour etc there. The trade is there with the Co-Op, takeaways etc. The place just needs regenerating. The Red Dragon looks awful. It’s like a statement of the Council’s neglect to the area.

Animal Mother
    Participant

“Moving the Police H.Q away from the fringes of the estate out of town is baffling. Whilst across the border in Chester they moved their H.Q to Blacon which has a slightly larger population than Queens Park but with the same problems?”

It’s only the HQ that is moving, the station is staying in essentially the same location (the Library 2 minutes walk away).

The station in Blacon is just that, a station, not an HQ.

locallad
    Participant

It’s a shame to read this about The Park, but like all of Wrexham the Police have lost control.The town centre at the weekend is like a battlefield.What Wrexham needs is good old fashion Policing again.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Hiya,

I know of an excellent scheme on Caia that helps support families and young children. Its called FLYING START and they have a Facebook page advertising their service. It might be worth getting in touch with them to see if there is any help they can offer you?

MP1953
    Participant

Its not like that in all areas of Wrexham. Not YET

Simon
    Participant

Animal Mother

It’s only the HQ that is moving, the station is staying in essentially the same location (the Library 2 minutes walk away).

The station in Blacon is just that, a station, not an HQ.

You know what I mean. Chester’s Police H.Q has been moved to Blacon. Wrexham’s Police H.Q is moving to Llay.
    Joe Public is wondering why Wrexham Police H.Q is moving away from some of the most deprived wards in Europe. An area which suffers inner-city crime etc
    It’s almost as if the Police have given up on Queens Park and Wrexham town centre? Hightown? Rhosddu etc?

Why move from such an ideal venue so close to the action?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News