Caia Park Fires

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Caia Park Fires

• Author

locallad
    Participant

Wrexham Police staying very Quiet about the Fires in Caia Park the previous weekend.Most Probs it will be another cover up by them so this is no crime figure Rise.

angryShopper
    Participant

I had to visit a council estate in the oldham area once, this estate had some sort of bail hostile, a few shops etc etc, and what was weird for that part of the world, I didn’t see an asian person walking around.

I got quite chatty with a local and I said, are the homes here mostly private, it seems there are very few african familles, white familes, but no asians, etc etc

The council housed an asian family there, and the house was firebombed, they did it again same result, heard this from a couple of people down there, could not find a single thing anywhere, like it diddn’t happen

unless people are burning down houses in the multiples it could be easy to cover up,

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3928 wrote:
    I had to visit a council estate in the oldham area once, this estate had some sort of bail hostile, a few shops etc etc, and what was weird for that part of the world, I didn’t see an asian person walking around.

I got quite chatty with a local and I said, are the homes here mostly private, it seems there are very few african familles, white familes, but no asians, etc etc

The council housed an asian family there, and the house was firebombed, they did it again same result, heard this from a couple of people down there, could not find a single thing anywhere, like it diddn’t happen

unless people are burning down houses in the multiples it could be easy to cover up,

Can you provide proof and name the district of Oldham?

A multinational based there used to be a client of mine so know the area very well. Must have visited it a day a week for 3 years.

angryShopper
    Participant

PM me I can tell you the name of the estate, I can’t tell you the names of those who told me. as I say it was word of mouth, I couldn’t find anything to back up the story other than what I saw with my eyes

thewayneinspain
    Participant

all a bit weird that article.

why were the stats e.g. 23 arsons a year, “Looking back to figures from 2006”, crime down,etc an odd period of years?

6 years rather than 5 or 10 – a bit weird that.

Also did the police present evidence about spikes in crime when there are “sensationlised headlines”?

as if they are giving detailed crime figures over a 12 month period on topic, shouldn’t they be doing this for the other?

all smells of agenda politics rather than anything else.

finally have they put the stats they presented up anywhere?

DIEARD
    Participant

Drop in crime figures or not, there’s still some little turd out there burning people’s property that has not been caught.

locallad
    Participant

I have never read so much trash in all my life.I have lived down caia for over 30years & i have never known of so many car fires,peoples homes being broken into & also sheds been broken into as what there has been over the last 18 months.You dont see Real Police on foot patrol down here anymore, unless something Serious Happens.Those pcsos,you only see if there is 3 or more in a car/van,but only until 10.00 pm.The reason the local paper gets slated by the Police is because it tells truth.Rise in Crime down here is True fact but the figures dont show it .Its amazing what you can do with Figures.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

To be fair to the police. The mis-leader doesn’t tell the truth, it misleads and is by the fair the biggest blight on both free speech and the good name of wrexham.

What is worrying is that police (as far as i can see) didn’t present examples or evidence of trends that show that the mis-leader’s behaviour resulted in a crime spike. I don’t get this, because the police’s day job is gathering evidence in order to catch criminals and get them convicted. That is the local media’s fault because in that conference they should have asked for examples… but of course that is always the way with the mis-leader they just get sound bites, they don’t actually research anything and so the police knew they could get a way with not giving examples.

The local media need to up their game.

zinger
    Participant

Do people even bother reporting crimes any more? They spend longer telling you that they are short staffed than what they do looking for criminals.

Rob
    Participant

There are follow up questions and digging on numbers – plus a couple of things flagged up this evening to chase up.

Regarding stats – I was running the twitter earlier and replied to someone who mentioned similar regarding action taken on reporting as I said that is the problem with stats it is based off recorded crime as unreported and unrecorded crime does not get in to the ‘numbers’.

The media present were not happy with the sensationalism claim, with one actually saying “I am not having that” :D

As someone from Wrexham the bit that concerned me was that it does not seem to be a single person or group responsible , which would explain to me at least why its a wider approach being taken to deal with it.

The other bit of interest will be the output of the research piece, which IMHO will be either really good or pointless!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News