Butchers Market

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Butchers Market

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

@Liam 11122 wrote:

The council has done ok in its recent attempts to improve the profile of the markets by sprucing them up and promoting them more. However, I only hope they’re sorting out the issues raised above by both of you. Mismanagement is surely the biggest barrier to their success.

In fairness Liam, the incoming Management team appear bright and perceptive and you can see good signs. I would guess that Amanda will turn the place round given time and support. Unfortunately she has a massive task not the least reversing a couple of decades worth of bad practice and reversing a negative culture. My business is currently not located in either of the two larger Markets because the rent-rate-service charge scenario would penalise me.

Adam
    Participant

Well I hope Amanda was not part of the team that made the bizzare decision to agree to the Wrexham Leader to move into the High St. Might as well be a chiropodist or something similarly irrelevant. When that unit became empty, every effort should have been made to encourage the appropriate business that would have been the kick start needed to rebrand the entire market..

Off at a slight tangent, just spent an superb evening in a recently rebranded market hall..

Inicio | Mercado Victoria

YouTube video here

I’m not niave enough to believe a similar transformation would work here, or probably anywhere in the UK, but as an example of what can be done with the right vision, I don’t think it gets any better..

Alunh
    Participant

I’m not sure which unit the Leader are relocating to but this would be a decision made by a private company. Have they moved into a Council owned property?

jimbow
    Participant

The unit in question is the former Tomlinsons Café which is the High Street entrance to the Butchers Market.The property is Council owned.

Taffy
    Participant

It’s no wonder people don’t use the markets when they can’t even be bothered opening on a “normal” shopping day.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News