Bus Station history

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bus Station history

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

I can quite understand why the bus driver has raised the concerns about the drug related issues in the bus station but fail to see what benefit there is in bringing out some photos that are two years old. Many of the images that are being shown through the media reflect what had been going on – yes there is still a problem but the increase in PSCO and Security time has reduced some of the problem.
    It is surprising the national media have caught onto a try that could be replicated in any town or city in the UK– this is not a Wrexham problem.
    When these people are moved on are they picked up by agencies tat provide support or do they just go to another hovel?
    What is needed is the holistic solution not a piece meal approach.

Rondetto
    Participant

Even with the supposed extra patrols today the reporter filmed drugged up people within the bus station on his
    mobile phone. It is scary to the ordinary shopper coming into town to see this. No, it isn’t just Wrexham of course
    but it does appear that Wrexham’s problems are worse than many other towns in Wales.

AMA Express
    Participant

The papers had the story handed to them. They’re bound to print it as it saves them having to pay someone to write it and have it checked for accuracy.

zinger
    Participant

A relative from out of this area recently had cause to use our bus station and was appalled that it was even worse than their own which is considered to be pretty awful.

bubble
    Participant

On the one hand I’m pleased that the police have been “shamed” into speaking to the press about this, but I expect that in reality the police and councillors will just wait for this to die down and continue their policy of token gestures when it comes to dealing with substance abuse in the bus station and in Rhosddu. I’ve no doubt they’re banking on today’s news being tomorrow’s chip-paper.

Rondetto
    Participant

Unfortunately bubble that is the truth of the matter. As you say it will die down and just carry on.

99DylanJones
    Participant

BBC have filmed another programme Week in Week out that is due to air next Tuesday evening at 10.40 with the emphasis on Wrexham and the Police and Crime Commissioner. It won’t be going away just yet.
    We are in danger of seeing this sort of behaviour as normal and just passing on the other side of the road rather than report what is happening. The town ha CCTV everywhere and you would expect the operators to call the Police yet people are ‘hanging’ in the street for ages with no response, I would ask why? Do the CCTV operators now see this as normal, how many times in a week do they call the Police to drug dealing in the street?

dagg
    Participant

Was talking to someone today and he said that the druggies have been kicked out of Chester also Flint and ended up in Wrexham because we are a soft touch.

Rondetto
    Participant

My wife and I were walking over the bridge towards Eagles Meadow this morning. In the middle of the bridge we saw a hypodermic needle. What worries us about this is their are children walking over that bridge on their way to school.

David Thomas
    Participant

who was it that drew up plans for the said bus station.

They are now going to be reconsidering the structure due to recent events, the photos on national news date back two years.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News