building work starts wrexham hotel

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum building work starts wrexham hotel

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

The Johnstown tram place still had the tracks up untill about 4 years ago when it was pulled down and turned into houses,

editor of this place should get working with you guys, and throw up some more info for people,

NJones
    Participant

A lot of the tram lines were actually just tarmaced over and still exist below what is on the street now. When they scraped off regent street and Grosvenor road years back you could see the cobbles an some lines.

Rob
    Participant

I have some pictures of the tram lines under hill street when they were resurfacing many years back.

Will try and dig them out and post them up on the forum.

angryShopper
    Participant

Do we know if any archaeology is / has been done on the site? or is is do what you want to create a job planning rules

NJones
    Participant

Pile driving for foundations has already started.

Born Acorn
    Participant

@angryShopper 2822 wrote:

Do we know if any archaeology is / has been done on the site? or is is do what you want to create a job planning rules

I’m sure if anybody did want to do any archaeology here they would have come forward in the past few years the site has been empty instead of waiting for a hotel to be built!

I know they are leaving Wat’s Dyke alone, as it is outside the boundary of the development as on the planning document, as well as assurances it won’t be disturbed during development.

angryShopper
    Participant

It should have been put on as a condition, it’s a big enough company, they would have been able to fund a small dig, I mean all the topsoil will have to be removed as it’ll be toxic because of the scrap yard, and if not removed filterd (like they did for the olympic site)

zinger
    Participant

@NJones 2844 wrote:

Pile driving for foundations has already started.

That will really help the CADW listed Mines Rescue building to remain standing. Did they start work on Sunday or Christmas Day I wonder?

NJones
    Participant

It was started the week before Christmas. Think it was the 19th or 20th. Any dig would only find oil soaked remnants and would have to contend with the cost of removing topsoil for safe disposal. I wonder how the build will contend with issues of polluted soil?

angryShopper
    Participant

What Is a Brownfield Site?

As I say they have many ways, most likly is feeding the soil into a machine which can scrub it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News