building work starts wrexham hotel

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum building work starts wrexham hotel

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

Building Work Starts On New Wrexham Hotel | Wrexham.com

1. Will what’s left of the historic dyke in the grounds be A untouched ? Restored? Have public Access?

2. Yet another ‘wrexham special’ Hotel next to a busy train track, I’m sure that’s a great business model, (with all the tourism here we need hotels next to the station).

the opening to the hotel is a choke point as it is, unless there going to magically have the entrance come out inside the hospital it’s going to be outside the football ground coz that’s not busy enough :)

which muppet in the planning office keeps allowing this! here’s an idea for that side, widen the bridge to 4 lanes, pull down the old kwitfit, and have 2 lanes from b and Q all the way to st marcs

zinger
    Participant

Well, I hope that the new owners restore the Mines Rescue Station to the way it was before the criminal damage was caused by the last owner. It won’t look very nice for the guests at the new hotel to see how Wrexham looks after their listed buildings.

angryShopper
    Participant

I think, at the end of the day, it’s a brick shed, it’s cultural importance is huge, but so are the slag tips and they are being removed.

not to discount what it was, but it’s not significant as a building is it? isn’t it more what it was used for?

zinger
    Participant

@angryShopper 2673 wrote:

I think, at the end of the day, it’s a brick shed, it’s cultural importance is huge, but so are the slag tips and they are being removed.

not to discount what it was, but it’s not significant as a building is it? isn’t it more what it was used for?

It isn’t just a building, that is the point. There is a hot & humid chamber, training galleries, a drill hall. Every aspect of a coal mine is there. They trained for real with gas, smoke, wearing equipment which weighed in excess of 40lbs carrying lamps, picks, shovels, everything in fact that they needed to rebuild a coal mine like Gresford. Please don’t look at the Superintendants house & think that that is the Mines Rescue Station. There were 1000’s of men working in a coal mine, it took 30 to save their jobs for the next 40 years.

angryShopper
    Participant

Oh I didn’t know it had all of that, I honestly thought it was basic building, with a room to train, I didn’t consider what would actually be involved,

This is something (if u have photos of) that you need to hit twitter and facebook with, and show people what is it, and tell them this story, even contact somewhere like yale college, they have digital story team who can help you turn it into videos for the net

It’s a shame it’s in Wrexham, it’ll be subject to unsolved mystery fire soon enough,

Every “problem” building in Wrexham that’s in the way has mystery fire, look at the cinema as an example, WH Smiths, the building behind the Horse and Jockey, the list is endless tbh,

I’ve been talking with friends about this for months, my current main contenders are the shops on king street and / or the former night club nr the mitre pub. not that these are listed or important, but they are in the way defunct and demolitions expensive, however if the asbestos is already in a pile of soot it’s cheeper to sweep it up.

zinger
    Participant

Thank you angry shopper. This building is a perfect example of why we shouldn’t take things at face value.

zinger
    Participant

Check out youtube mines rescue wrexham to see a little of what is left.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@zinger 2680 wrote:

Check out youtube mines rescue wrexham to see a little of what is left.

A selection of videos on there mines rescue wrexham – YouTube

Born Acorn
    Participant

Bennett’s Garage (not Kwit-Fit next door) is also a bit of Heritage as a depot for the old Tram network that ran from there all the way to the Johnstown depot.

You can still see the tram lines on the floor of the garage when the roller door is open.

zinger
    Participant

I wonder if the tram lines are the same gauge as the trams at Bersham.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News