Bryn Estyn/Erlas House

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bryn Estyn/Erlas House

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

Looks like the Council are getting ready to dispose of the old Bryn Estyn property that is currently central to the child abuse case in court stating this week as all staff are packing up and need to be out by the end of October. I.m sure looking at the press there will be a number of people who would want to see the building demolished to get rid of horrible reminders of the past.

dewi73
    Participant

I would prefer any historic old building to remain standing as too many have been demolished in the Wrexham area.

zinger
    Participant

It is a beautiful building and grounds. We have all too few of them in Wrexham.

wrexview
    Participant

What is the Council using it for at present ?

steveg
    Participant

The problem is that the Erlas Walled Garden, which provides day opportunities for people with disabilities will also have to close if the hall gets sold on. Shame!

99DylanJones
    Participant

The ‘historical’ building is actually a mock Elizabethan House that was built in 1904 with original features.
    When I spoke with some of the volunteers who run the Erlas Walled Garden (this is a fantastic volunteer project an well worth a visit) they had been told by the Council the garden area would not be affected.
    Current use of the building is for a number of staff working in Education and childrens support.

zinger
    Participant

If it is 110 years old I would say that that was historic. Will Eagles Meadow last that long or Island Green.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Perhaps Eagles Meadow would be preserved as the starting point for the downfall of Wrexham Town Centre curca 2010!!

Ferret
    Participant

@zinger 15636 wrote:

If it is 110 years old I would say that that was historic. Will Eagles Meadow last that long or Island Green.

Kinda difficult to answer yes” to that and expect to be able to say I told ya so.

Ferret
    Participant

@99DylanJones 15637 wrote:

Perhaps Eagles Meadow would be preserved as the starting point for the downfall of Wrexham Town Centre curca 2010!!

…and with one bound the thread had escaped the clutches of the original discussion and returned to an old favourite…..tune in next post folks!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News