Broken Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Broken Wrexham

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The clock on the corner of the old TJ Hughes building has never worked as far as I’m aware. It would provide an interesting feature if it was cleaned and mended . Can anyone shed light on why it has never worked and who owns it?

Rob
    Participant

It is right twice a day! ;)

Liam
    Participant

There’s a clock on the building opposite Fat Cats which never seems to work, I get annoyed with it whenever I go on the balcony in there.

wrexview
    Participant

Can you give a couple of street names to locate that clock?

wrexview
    Participant

The Green Dragon public house on Kingsmills Road has been boarded up and the recycling bins have been removed from the far end of the car park. An area ripe for redevelopment.

wrexview
    Participant

Paramount have the pub and land for sale at £400000 . It includes land with planning permission for 7 , three bedroomed house and retains the public house with vacant possession.

Rob
    Participant

Will start a new thread about that!

Rob
    Participant

@wrexview 280 wrote:

The clock on the corner of the old TJ Hughes building has never worked as far as I’m aware. It would provide an interesting feature if it was cleaned and mended . Can anyone shed light on why it has never worked and who owns it?

I knew this was mentioned on here somewhere – it was pointed out to me very recently – didnt realise that was from October 2011 :D

Perhaps it has never worked!

wrexview
    Participant

Someone told me it only worked for two to three weeks from new !

Rob
    Participant

@wrexview 9506 wrote:

Someone told me it only worked for two to three weeks from new !

It is likely that it is not part of any leased areas, rather the fabric of the development itself.

Will see if can find out more!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News