Broadband (lack of) via Rhos exchange

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Broadband (lack of) via Rhos exchange

• Author

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

Anyone know what’s going on at the BT Rhos exchange?
    Intermittent at best with very very low speeds

The Monitor
    Participant

I agree, it may be time to start chasing them up. That is if you can get to speak to someone in this country. Open Reach are supposed to have been installing super fast broadband, but all we get is snail band.

Darlofan
    Participant

Loads of activity in rhos and penycae area over last 4 weeks or so from BT engineers. They’ve been putting new cables in so might be something to do with it. Be nice to have a letter saying they’re upgrading and might be a bit slower though.

rockyrobins
    Participant

@miserableoldbugger 15886 wrote:

Anyone know what’s going on at the BT Rhos exchange?
    Intermittent at best with very very low speeds

How do you know the problem is at the exchange?

Born Acorn
    Participant

Not saying it is or isn’t in this case, but most speed issues can be found in the home; poor connection where the cable meets the house, poor connection at the master socket, incorrectly filtered lines, or even radio interference from cheap electronics messing with the Wi-Fi.

Also turning off a broadband router regularly will fool the exchange into thinking there’s errors on the line. The automatic equipment in the exchange will lower your speed since lower speeds are meant to be more reliable.

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

As an update this is still an ongoing problem – Plusnet are blaming BT & BT are blaming Plusnet so here am I stuck in the middle.
    Is anyone else having conectivity problems please, if so what provider are you with?
    Also who is a ‘good’ provider around here?
    TIA & a Happy New Year

99DylanJones
    Participant

Interesting situation as Plus Net is 100% owned subsidiary of BT– you would think as a communications firm they could sort it out between themselves

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s Rhos, be thankful you have electricity.

Ferret
    Participant

@miserableoldbugger 17478 wrote:

As an update this is still an ongoing problem – Plusnet are blaming BT & BT are blaming Plusnet so here am I stuck in the middle.

Plusnet IS BT.

DavidB
    Participant

I’ve been with PlusNet for many years. They are a good company. I have had excellent service from them, and pretty good speeds, 13Mb/s in Rhosddu, on ADSL2.
    They were bought by BT many years ago, but run as a separate company based in Sheffield. They appear to give better service generally than BT from what people tell me (i.e BT clients) but are somewhat hogtied by the lethargy in BT/Openreach for carrying out rewiring and fault repair etc. when it is localised/onsite.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News