Brantano going – Iceland coming & Mountain Warehouse

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Brantano going – Iceland coming & Mountain Warehouse

• Author

Danielkg
    Participant

I makes to believe that in the next few weeks/months Brantano will be closing on island green and leaving Wrexham, being replaced by Iceland

justjojo2011
    Participant

Where did you hear that?

Danielkg
    Participant

People that work on Island Green & also somebody working for Iceland

Rob
    Participant

Brantano has been wanting to go for a while based off this PDF: http://www.cheetham-mortimer.com/_assets/userfiles/files/Wrexham%20-%20Unit%2012,%20Island%20Green%20Shopping%20Park%20(July%202012).pdf

March last year I was passed that – and going by the date on it of July 2012 its been on offer for a good while.

“The premises are held on a 25 year lease expiring 24th June 2024 subject to rent reviews every five years of the term. The current rent passing is £180,000 per annum.”

The other bit to note is “ON THE INSTRUCTIONS OF BRANTANO CONFIDENTIAL – STAFF UNAWARE”

Danielkg
    Participant

Yeah it’s been available for new tenants for some time. Don’t think it’s a prime location in the corner there; can’t remember the last time I actually went inside!

Ferret
    Participant

Yikes 260 odd grand for rent and rates. That’s a heck of a lot of shoes.

wrexview
    Participant

That’s over £21,000 per month before you pay for stock, utilities or staff!

99DylanJones
    Participant

When you see these figures it really makes you wonder how the discount stores are able to make money on low value items – assume it must all be to do with high volume. It also shows that on many days when it is quiet in town stores are not covering their costs. The other aspect to some of the stores as well will be that some stores are loss leaders to keep out the opposition- I wonder how many of these are in Wrexham where keeping a brand alive in an area is more important than bottom line profits. Certainly something that can’t go on for ever.
    At least in Island Green t will be one out one in keeping all the shops open apart from HMV.

johnnytv
    Participant

So if true, Iceland is opening literally metres from where Cool Trader has been for the past several years. Logic?

Danielkg
    Participant

Logic is that Malcolm walker sees Heron Foods (formerly CoolTrader) as competition – How often is Iceland busy? I can’t say I’ve been in there more than twice in the last 5 years.

Word is that Ieland are trying to get “free parking for customers”. Goodness knows how this’ll work

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News