B&Q roundabout problems

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum B&Q roundabout problems

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Councillor David Bithell says there have been some issues with the lights at Mold Rd roundabout and his staff have tweaked it a bit to improve it. I am told that this isn’t strictly true. The truth apparently is that his staff resurfaced part of the roundabout just before Christmas and ripped out the traffic light sensors buried in the road surface….. and then forgot to put them back in when they did the resurfacing. Hence the traffic lights are not working properly. The problems have been caused by WCBC highways department. Would Councillor Bithell care to tell us the truth in future?

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Best rip out the traffic lights and make it a true roundabout. The plebs cannot drive it now, but at least a good driver can get through. Also put in roundabouts at Rhosddu Road / Stansty Bridge junction and Rhosrobin / Pandy junction to name only two. Traffic will flow. Also open up another exit from Plas Coch retail park at the school end. Simples.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=179091]Councillor David Bithell says there have been some issues with the lights at Mold Rd roundabout and his staff have tweaked it a bit to improve it. I am told that this isn’t strictly true. The truth apparently is that his staff resurfaced part of the roundabout just before Christmas and ripped out the traffic light sensors buried in the road surface….. and then forgot to put them back in when they did the resurfacing. Hence the traffic lights are not working properly. The problems have been caused by WCBC highways department. Would Councillor Bithell care to tell us the truth in future?[/quote]

Can I suggest if you have evidence that Cllr Bithell has been dishonest, you formally report him to have the matter independiently investigated.

Lilly

Anonymous
    Inactive

Who to?

wrexview
    Participant

There must be an officer who is responsible for signing off completed works.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=179114]Who to?[/quote]

@ Jonesfach, it’s a case of ‘put up or shut up’…! You have made a very serious allegation that Cllr Bithell has been untruthful. I say, provide your evidence to the relevant authority, maybe the legal and democratic officer at WCBC or the Ombudsman for Wales and have the matter formally investigated.

Over to you….

Lilly

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just so the source of the information can be routed out!!!

The information is 100% correct and our council member is telling porkies.

Perhaps you have a vested interest?

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=179262]Just so the source of the information can be routed out!!!

The information is 100% correct and our council member is telling porkies.

Perhaps you have a vested interest?[/quote]

No vested interest here dearie….although, I do think your part of the tin hat brigade? You have made a serious allegation regarding dishonesty in public office and this can be reported anonymously so there is no risk to your source…! I suspect you need to get out of your bed-room more!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News