Body care relocating

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Body care relocating

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

Alun,out of the 49 posts on this thread to date, you have been responsible for over one third of them. I have no problem with that per sae, but what I do have a problem with, is the fact that they very rarely come across as opinions, but more as the gospel according to St. Alun of Wrexham and differing viewpoints expressed are treated with some disdain.
    That Alun, is dismissive. Look closely in the mirror Alun!
    I have no desire to join the mutual back slapping club that has developed on this forum, where anyone who agrees with your missives is feted and those that don’t are subject to your verbose castigations.
    I care little whether you find my comments regarding the abuse of blue badges personally offensive, but there again, there is always someone who will take umbrage to any comment made. I still stand by the statement I made.
    You go on to say that my comment regarding Rondetto’s assertion defies logic, but I merely suggested that there are other possibilities for the action taken by the business owner. I am not, and neither is Rondetto it seems, able to state categorically the actual reason. But here (once again) comes Alun to the rescue by supporting the ‘obvious and correct conclusion’ stated. You may well have more detailed insider information based on the proximity of your business to the butchers, but for us less influential beings, even you must agree, that there could be any number of reasons for the action.
    You obviously have a dislike of my way of thinking and my ability to express them as eloquently as you. Do you really feel threatened Alun?

Alunh
    Participant

Hi Benjamin

I don’t intend to respond to any of the personal commentary which is not needed whatsoever.

On a couple of the points raised.

On the issue of Shop Mobility (and this post). No one raised the question of Blue Badges at all (bar yourself). The conversation was about the Shop Mobility location. There is adequate provision around the town for Disabled shoppers with blue badges and blue badge holders can park in any range of places. A Shop Mobility centre is, however, where those who have real mobility problems will come into town and pick up devices to assist in their Mobility. This might mean anything from wheelchairs to crutches. By definition, those people who use this service have to park in close proximity to the Shop Mobility centre and also to the perceived Town Centre. The whole point about Wrexham’s centre is it’s provision of parking spaces and its proximity to town.

On the issue of posting. People will post where they want and respond where they want and agree and disagree with each other as they want. Since you actually like tracking backwards you will note that my posts actually agree and disagree with people……..oddly……as my viewpoint happens to support. Equally, people agree or don’t with me as they feel inclined.

Why don’t you just stick to agreeing or disagreeing with the points raised?

99DylanJones
    Participant

Up to about 18 months ago there used to be a second shopmobility in Eagles Meadow — This was part of the ‘carrot’ that the developers gave to WCBC– one shop unit free. It is however quite extraordinary that this has know stopped — in other towns that have a shopping precinct their Shopmobility is fully funded through the service charges levied on businesses . Their service charge also goes towards communal promotional activity such as Christmas and Easter.
    Does anyone know why eagles Meadow are now no longer supporting disabled shoppers?

BenjaminM
    Participant

The Shopmobility facility at Eagles Meadow on 30th September2011 due as I recall, to insufficient usage to justify its’ continued existence. Appropriate consultation took place under the Equality Act 2010 and the regulations (Wales) of 2011 with no adverse comments being received.
    Contrary to your statement, it was not run or funded by Eagles Meadow, but by WCBC.
    It would seem to me therefore, that the present facility, although brought into question by several on this thread, is indeed sensibly located with, on the latest figures that I am aware of, approximately 7000 usages per year.
    Just goes to show, doesn’t it?

99DylanJones
    Participant

The Shopmobility in Eagles Meadow was funded through the developers Section 106 agreement with the Council.

Alunh
    Participant

You are quite right to raise the viability aspect of a Shop Mobility site Benjamin. In times of austerity it is quite right to run the rule over all of these types of thing and as with Car Parking and grass cutting, each type of expenditure is in competition for scarce resource. Equally, we have to be careful that we are wasting all the designated funds for Destination Wrexham. I don’t think if we are “trying” to set out our stall to attract visitors we can afford to race to the bottom of the barrel with our offer if we are serious

Alunh
    Participant

If!!!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News