Black Lives Matter…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Black Lives Matter…

• Author

Matt
    Participant

Billy, I suppose you think you’ve proven a point because you found 2 black people who don’t agree with Black Lives Matter. How absurd is that? Of course there’s going to be, why wouldn’t they be free to hold this opinion?

However, perhaps you’d like to take a step back and look at the overwhelming number of voices who do agree with the movement of every race across the entire world. I don’t know why you needed to use the Hodge Twins to get confirmation bias when you could have used Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins or Nigel Farage.

Nobody is saying you are racist, but it’s funny how those who typically offer bigoted views about the world are the ones who are getting offended and complaining about the current state of affairs. One would assume then that it was more enjoyable when police were able to brutalise those of other ethnicities and get away with it and when we could all admire statues of slavers.

The rest of the world who are tolerant and horrified by what happened to George Floyd are trying to offer support and solidarity in any way possible and trying to come together and think how we can make the world a better and more inclusive and safer place for everyone.

Of course as you’re more interested in shouting out about hard left, I doubt you’ll listen. Awfully funny how those who despise anyone left leaning NEVER complain about the actions of the far right. I expect those activities are entirely agreeable.

TimRegency
    Participant

Well argued Matt. I don’t recall their complaints about the Tory ‘hostile environment’ against the Windrush generation, amongst other things. It was left to ‘left-leaning‘ people to speak out. How awful they are to show solidarity to oppressed people.

billycoen
    Participant

I go back to my earlier post of Justine Damond,if you would care to explain why there wasn’t mass protest then as now.And you are right mate,i’m not a racist,or a loud mouth bigot,just want it to be fair for everyone.But you seemed to have pre judged certain people by posting a pub sign,care to explain that as well.

Matt
    Participant

Billy – the Justine Diamond case was a horrible event and is another failure in the Minneapolis Police Department and is precisely why they have now voted to dismantle this failed PD and rebuild a justice and community policing system from the ground up.

Again, you could refer to police kills person X of race Y to any killer cop incident and ask why there wasn’t global outrage and widespread protests in the past? Perhaps now it’s happened that’s a good thing, a light has been shone on it and hopefully (but I won’t hold my breath) there will be steps taken to ensure police brutality of any kind on any human being is stopped.

The pub sign is well known local controversy and I’ll admit, originally the posting was a bit flippant because I thought it would be amusing if something did come up about it amongst all this. Of course as things happen – it did. I’ve posted a whole topic about it so feel free to contribute.

billycoen
    Participant

Cancel that last request,my bad,didn’t read your other post.

David Thomas
    Participant

I’d prefer they protest matters closer to home, or at least protest America as a brutal country as a whole not just towards ethnic groups.

Health care and employment laws in America are truly bizarre let alone their military stance.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Do folk really believe that white slave traders walked into Africa etc and took these poor souls? No there was a fully established slave trade within Africa well before white slave traders turned up. In fact I believe Nelson Mandela makes reference to such activity in his autobiography Long Walk to Freedom. Clearly the salve trade was wrong on ALL levels.

However, im more interested in the slavery that is going on today! The eastern European sex slaves brought here by the fellow countrymen – tricked into believing they will get jobs as nannies etc. The slaves of the Indian ‘cast’ system, the slave trade currently thriving in Africa, the children forced into piracy by their fellow man in Somalia. Etc etc etc

I will not be made to feel responsible or guilty for an activity I did not participate in! I don’t hear anyone calling for the pyramids to be pulled down? Remember folk the LEFT love to full us with GUILT…Resist it!

Lilly

billycoen
    Participant

And we get Raheem Sterling banging on about historical injustice,whilst being paid millions playing for a team owned by UAE,a hotspot for modern slavery.Funny old game ain’t it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why don’t racist just hold up their hands and admit they are racist!

billycoen
    Participant

Who did you have in mind?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News