Black Lives Matter…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Black Lives Matter…

• Author

MadMan
    Participant

Colin Kaepernick an American football player kneeled as a protest during the national anthem years ago and was silenced and let go because of the military relationship with the NFL, it was deemed to be the worst thing you could possibly do. Its twisted that they make their sport so intertwined with military that its uncomfortable to watch. I have experienced it personally in Baseball. However, I get why you said that as without that aspect I would feel rather uncomfortable with that response. In Wrexham they kept their distance and had masks on and it was what you would deem more responsible in these times as we still need to have a voice and a movement as the United Kingdom still has a problem with racism and by that I mean vulgar comments I have heard over the years in past work places and out in public. We still celebrate slave owners through statues, pub names (like above), etc. Racism like Covid should not be used as a competition between countries, we need to recognise it and all our faults. I just hope all of you are quick to criticise those on busy beaches in England, those that buy cheap needless crap from Amazon in warehouses where the workers are not socially distanced and contribute to making Jeff Bezos the world’s first trillionaire instead of supporting small-medium businesses. What good are they doing.

zinger
    Participant

The sad outcome of these protests is that rightly or wrongly police in this country will be very nervous of arresting a black person for any crime for fear of being called racist.

The act that caused these protests was a dreadful inhuman act by one bigoted policeman in another country. Protests here in the UK will make not one iota of difference in a country that cares not a jot about what others think.

In this country we have a National Black Police Association. A National White Police Association would be called racist.

We have politicians, newsreaders, actors of every hue. Possibly even a disproportionate number. Many have been educated in our universities.

I don’t know what the answer is but at some point in time we all have to move on from the past if we are to have peace.

MadMan
    Participant

No the police will not be scared of arresting a black person, don’t be vitoral in your subversion from the real problem. There are police officers that act morally and are supportive part of the community in the United Kingdom, I for one don’t feel scared of the police in the United Kingdom they are accessible, but in the United States as a white person I find them to be less accessible to the community and are rather scary, it’s the culture that is the problem and the high amounts of expenditure compared to health and education in the US that make them invincible. They have militarised the police and are able to get away with anything they want probably tied to political donations that the police unions send to politicians. While black people are disproportionately affected by all kinds of hurtful policies in the United States they are fighting for change that will not affect them but all races. In the United Kingdom there will be sections of the police culture and use of stop and search tactics have been used to target minorities disproportionately and those tactics have been widely criticised as a way to police the community as this does not engage with the community it puts up barriers. So please do your research and engage before you make this a black vs white issue.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t intentionally make it into a black versus white issue but since you say that I have, why do ‘black lives matter’ rather than ‘all lives matter’? Isn’t it that which makes it into a black versus white issue?

I have always felt that the vast majority in this country are tolerant of all races but to hold these protests in the middle of a pandemic, putting lives at risk makes me feel differently. My opinion.

billycoen
    Participant

White people are being guilt tripped by the media and hard left into thinking we are racist.Being told to do more because a policeman in a foreign land kills a black man,something i have no control over.

parkingmad
    Participant

Two policemen in a America are suspended for pushing a white man over, and the rest of the police resign from that particular unit in support for the two suspended policemen. One officer said it looked like he slipped over.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Rioters in Bristol are allowed to get away with destroying a statue because of slave trade connections so does that mean I can go to Bellevue park and hack off Queen Victoria’s head because much of modern racism has its roots in colonialism?

How many protestors passed her statue yesterday and didn’t have a clue?

MadMan
    Participant

The movement is not about black being the superior race, its about equality, its black lives matter too. There have been a number of figures in history that thought White was the superior race so I am happy that you think all lives matter, whatever race, sexuality, gender, age, disability or religion.

There are horrible people in all walks of life so there is no need to target by a specific demographic group. This is not about eroding your right to protest or freedom to have your opinion or not being able to joke without malice/hate.

If you are using ‘left and right’, it was Russia meddling, or blaming the people of a country rather than its Government you are part of the problem.

There are arguments for and against a number of statues, how it was removed and the protests happening during a pandemic I get that that is your opinion. As for the statue in Bellevue Park, Queen Victoria was a head of state not some random slave trader we chose to celebrate back in the day, just because someone donates money whether it be those with a Liberal stance or Conservative stance does not make them a good person, you don’t buy your way into the good books.

parkingmad
    Participant

billycoen
    Participant

Take a look at a video on youtube made by the Hodge twins,they have some valid points.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News