Birds of prey…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Birds of prey…

• Author

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

Is anyone aware of the birds of prey that used to nest in Wrexham Police station and St Giles? Are they still active?

And did you know the Statue of Liberty is only 10ft taller than Bohdhyfryd towers! Surprised me that!

Null
    Participant

According to this wrexham.com article the peregrine falcons nesting in Bohdfryd were being relocated to St Giles. Can’t say I’ve ever seen them

Police Station Move To Llay Takes Step Forward | Wrexham.com

JaneJ
    Participant

Yes they have definatly been nesting in the tower at St Giles over the past few months

justjojo2011
    Participant

I haven’t seen them in a while but to be honest I haven’t expected to with it being winter and all. My understanding was that they were being encouraged to nest at the Parish Church rather than the police station so that WCBC could knock down the station.

As far as I remember the falcons nested first on st giles tower but were unwanted guests. The police then stepped in and put a box up but with the church under new management they encouraged them back. They can be seen regularly hunting pigeons off the church.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News