BIN DAY ??

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum BIN DAY ??

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

I put my bin out this morning as usual, as I thought that they were back to normal collection days, but no its still out and full!

So, how come the bin men were required to work the Sunday [27th Dec] after Christmas, but not Sunday [3rd Jan] after the new year. Most people would rather have been home at christmas and then work on the 3rd.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=105535]I put my bin out this morning as usual, as I thought that they were back to normal collection days, but no its still out and full!

So, how come the bin men were required to work the Sunday [27th Dec] after Christmas, but not Sunday [3rd Jan] after the new year. Most people would rather have been home at christmas and then work on the 3rd.

[/quote]

Says it all really, Wrexham Council cannot even organise bin collection correctly :)

BenjaminM
    Participant

Or perhaps neither of you have the intelligence to consult the rescheduled dates as shown on the bin collection calendar!

KidA
    Participant

[quote quote=105553]Or perhaps neither of you have the intelligence to consult the rescheduled dates as shown on the bin collection calendar!

Quite agree. In addition to Ben’s post, in the time it took to write the initial post, you could have checked the council website or telephoned them.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=105554]

Or perhaps neither of you have the intelligence to consult the rescheduled dates as shown on the bin collection calendar!

Quite agree. In addition to Ben’s post, in the time it took to write the initial post, you could have checked the council website or telephoned them.

[/quote]

You are correct Ben (for a change!) the change of day is on the calendar, I thought I had checked obviously I did not look at it properly :( All is forgiven Wrexham Council !!!!!!!!!!!!

pete
    Participant

Our normal day was Monday. I didn’t know of the change but the PDF calendar says it should have been collected on Tuesday.

Bins and recycling were put out Sunday night and weren’t collected on Monday or Tuesday.

Daave63
    Participant

Oh thanks BenM I’m such a thicko at times!!

But you are all missing my point : The bin men were required to work the Sunday [27th Dec] after Christmas, but not Sunday [3rd Jan] after the new year. Most people would rather have been home at christmas and then work on the 3rd.

But also they would have been paid more on the 27th than the 3rd and the Council are tring to save millions!! Our am I wrong. BenM ??

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News