Beware of bad HGV drivers!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Beware of bad HGV drivers!

• Author

Huw
    Participant

Twice this week I have been nearly hit by HGV’s on the A483. Both times by PENTONS HAULAGE wagons. First incident was when I was about to overtake their wagon (which I clearly indicated first) and they pulled straight out (no indication) into my path almost crushing me into the central barrier. Second incident was tailgating, and I’m talking literally 10 foot off my bumper! Beware people.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Have you reported them- difficult without evidence to report to Police but usually companies don’t like this type of complaint.

You are not the only one who has had trouble Pentons – Oswestry, Shropshire | Yelp

Anyone out there from Pentons to respond

AMA Express
    Participant

I doubt that the management of Pentons of Oswestry would be reading this forum.

The best thing to do is to phone them and speak to their Transport Manager. Obviously he/she will need the registration number of the vehicle and the time of the incident to tie it down to a particular driver.

I’ve handled complaints about drivers in the past and have given verbal warnings for the first report and instigated disciplinary action for a subsequent report.

ossyben
    Participant

Maybe you do not realise the difficulty these drivers go through when car drivers hold them up,they are limited to a certain mph and are limited to a top speed of 56 mph by law,If you like come out with me in the truck for a day and see what you car drivers cause on a daily basis

locallad
    Participant

Ossyben.Still no Excuse for Bad or Dangerous Driving.Doesnt Mirror,Signal Manouvere apply to HGV Drivers.

Huw
    Participant

Ossyben – I am a very good driver and always give respect to drivers that drive such large vehicles, I understand that some people may cause problems for you in such a large vehicle. However, both the instances I mentioned were 100% the HGV drivers fault, no question. If people who drive these cannot do so in a safe manner they need to look for alternative employment.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News