Betsi Cadwaladr health board

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Betsi Cadwaladr health board

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/betsi-cadwaladr-health-board-spends-9689630?ICID=FB-DPost-main

Not a week goes by without some sort of scandal involving the BCHB. This organisation, which is in special measures, pleads poverty when it comes to the provision of world class services to patients, yet can find over £300,000 to equip offices for its top administrators. It seems austerity is not for all.

wrexview
    Participant

“It cost £338,657 to fit and equip Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board’s headquarters at St Asaph Business Park – including £60,000 to adapt the existing air conditioning.”

It is not just the set up cost but the ongoing running costs,that will continue to drain the budget. Our chance to affect the running of NHS Wales is on the horizon, via the ballot box at the Assembly Elections next year. They are totally aware of all the problems but have been inept at putting plans in place to rectify the situation. What success has “special measures” brought forth so far ?

timeflysby
    Participant

I have great respect for the majority of Doctors and Nurses who go that extra mile for there patients, But and it’s a big But. There are those Doctors,Nurses and Others who do not work to the standards that we all expect and deserve. These people are causing the NHS major problems, I personally believe if you have poor management you get a poor service. This looks like the case with our local Hospital. It’s not just the high ranking managers they want to look at. We need to look at managers from the bottom up. Are staff working to there grade. I suspect their are some that are not. This in it’s self causes discontent in the ranks. When you have Nurses being paid a lower band rate, but actually for most of if not all of there shift they are actually doing the higher bands Job. I also suspect that there are also some people who are being paid a band rate that they are not working to. This is the job of managers to stand up to the job they are given and stop pussy footing about with people that are getting away with not doing the job they are paid to do.

Once again I say we have good Doctors and Nurses, not to mention other staff that work hard to keep our Hospital working. But we need to sort out those that continue to give bad service to there colleagues and patients. So come on managers do the job you where and are paid to do (MANAGE).

wrexview
    Participant

There is a problem with agency workers, not only do they get paid substantially more than the permanent staff they legally are not allowed to do certain aspects of the job , putting more pressure on permanent staff.Neither the Government in Westminster nor the Welsh Assembly have addressed the problem of agency staff pay.

99DylanJones
    Participant

I am surprised about the comment that agency workers are paid more than contract staff– the agency may be paid more but certainly most staff in agency contract get paid less than contracted staff .
    There are brilliant staff on the coal face working in very difficult conditions.

wrexview
    Participant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34877794

So from today there is to be a cap on the amount paid to agency staff in England , wonder if Wales NHS will follow their lead ?h

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News