Best places to eat out, in or around Wrexham?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Best places to eat out, in or around Wrexham?

• Author

Iceman
    Participant

Not been back to the Pant since they banned children.
    Sleepy Panda is always good.

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

The Alyn in Rossett has always been good when I’ve been there . I don’t really get the love for The Golden Lion, I find it a bit overrated and overpriced. I like The Griffin in Trevalyn, and have heard that Oscar’s at Rossett Hall is good as well.

I agree that Anise and Maahis are both great as well.

MP1953
    Participant

All different opinions, see I think that the Alyn is over priced for what it is, and don’t start about the beeches !!
    Went to the Red Lion Marford for the first time in years and it was very good, and priced just about right…

missmarple
    Participant

Not exactly in Wrexham I know but The Crosskeys in Llanfynydd does great home cooked food that is very good value for money :)

Ferret
    Participant

Machine House, Rossett is quite pricey but very nicey.

sparky1
    Participant

The Crosskeys in Llanfynydd !!!!!!!!!! wow now if you want a plate full and very very nice food, at very resonable prices :) you have to go here. but bewere of the car park its steep and loads of pot holes

Darlofan
    Participant

@Ferret 14544 wrote:

Machine House, Rossett is quite pricey but very nicey.

Lunch there today, beautiful it was.

seaneb
    Participant

I cant believe nobody’s recommended The Ffrwd yet! IMO Quality food prepared by foodies for foodies.

Huw
    Participant

My Wife and I went to the Ffrwd about 4-5 years ago and had to pay for our meals before we had them, very strange. The setting was awful and so was the atmosphere. The food wasn’t bad but just for the fact that we had to pay beforehand I would not go back there.

dale
    Participant

@Big H 14578 wrote:

My Wife and I went to the Ffrwd about 4-5 years ago and had to pay for our meals before we had them, very strange. The setting was awful and so was the atmosphere. The food wasn’t bad but just for the fact that we had to pay beforehand I would not go back there.

You can pay at the end now, though they don’t take card payments.

I like it there as its not trying to be something its not, its got decent food and the people there are making a good job of running an independent pub. I take it you don’t go to Brewers Fayre pubs either, as in some of those you also pay for your food up front?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News