Best place to sell old books?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Best place to sell old books?

• Author

Rk11
    Participant

Hi, when my mother passed away a few months ago she left behind a large number of books. I have used Music Magpie to sell the books which have barcodes on them. I now have probably around 50 books that I am looking to sell which are older books and some are worth £10+ on eBay.

Apart from eBay, does anyone know where would be interested in buying these books?

JP
    Participant

Give them to the homeless, they can burn them to keep warm.

Half of Wrexham would probably struggle to read a book, if they knew what it was.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

There is a shop down the arcade across from QD in Wrexham that might be interested. The names escapes me at the moment.

Would you consider donating them to a chatiry shop or maybe try Gumtree?

Alunh
    Participant

Tut Tut Welsh Dresser; how can you forget the name of a local shop.

On the point in question……you would be much better selling them on line on Ebay, Alibris, Abe or Amazon. Please bear in mind that the price that you have seen on Internet sites may be for specific editions and it might also represent the price that the seller would want to get…..not what they get.

There are several local places that buy books including places in Summerhil, Marchweil, Llangollen and Wrexham. At a guess, you’ll find that there will be little interest unless they are actually collectible.

Best of luck!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Alunh I am blaming old age!

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Gresford now run their own “ independent “ library and regularly get books donated to sell on to others as a way of fundraising. You can drop them off to the library – on Vicarage Lane – just above the Plough- during opening hours ( Tuesday 2-5 pm ) ( Wednesday 2-5 pm ) ( Friday 9-5 pm or ( Saturday 10-1.0 pm ) .

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News