Best and Worst Changes Around Town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Best and Worst Changes Around Town?

• Author

NJones
    Participant

Speed ramps have cost me a fortune in suspension parts over past few years. My local garage has seen a rise in work from them at least!

Mike Davies
    Participant

Yep, I live on a road with a dozen or so humps. Both mine and my wife’s cars have had springs broken in the last couple of years.

I have spoken to a number of garages and they all say that business in Wrexham is booming on replacement suspension parts.

Maybe the council should invest in a shock absorber and spring repair shop ;-)

Speediecars
    Participant

It seems everyone apart from Wrexham council hate the speed bumps!

I cannot stand them as I go over the bumps slowly everytime but they still damage my vehicles and every vehicle I have had has had damage to the suspension in one for or another. Over half the time the cars fail the council test is due to suspension which comes from the speed bumps.

I have only met a handful of people who like speed bumps and everyone seems to complain about them but the council are still putting them in!

Can anyone tell me why they put a big bump on Rhosnesni lane leading into Ffordd Elfed, then they rip it out and replace it with two large bumps? I go over them around 5mph and even that is too fast which makes me drive faster after I have passed them which defeats the purpose of them!

I had a Mondeo a while back and after hitting the last speed bump on Regent St the whole front end dropped after the spring snapped and it got me worried about what would of happened if I had been traveling on the motorway!

In regards to the bumps on Sontley Road, people did complain saying that they were too high but the council said they are fine. The result is I never use that road and go around which increases traffic on other roads, which by the way the council call ‘Traffic Migration’ so they know it happens but still keep putting the things down!!

Down with Speed Bumps I say!!!

As for the town centre it is a real shame all the empty shops, but as I travel around alot its the same story everywhere. Surely the council could help by lowering rates and rents for 2 years until we are out of the recession? Would of been better if the council had of spent the money on a facelift on the town centre instead of building Eagles Meadow!

Hard to think of anything good thats been done! But, I do have to say that Wrexham is not as bad as people make out and there are far worse places to live, but if I was really pushed I think I would prefer to live in a big yacht in the south of France with all the rich toffs but now I am just deraming lol

Mike
    Participant

Hope the new industrial estate link road (opening in July!!) won’t have any speed humps!! I do think the link road, though not without controversy, will be a very positive thing for the town and wider economy.

Mike Davies
    Participant

@speediecars 933 wrote:

It seems everyone apart from Wrexham council hate the speed bumps!

I cannot stand them as I go over the bumps slowly everytime but they still damage my vehicles and every vehicle I have had has had damage to the suspension in one for or another. Over half the time the cars fail the council test is due to suspension which comes from the speed bumps.

I have only met a handful of people who like speed bumps and everyone seems to complain about them but the council are still putting them in!

Can anyone tell me why they put a big bump on Rhosnesni lane leading into Ffordd Elfed, then they rip it out and replace it with two large bumps? I go over them around 5mph and even that is too fast which makes me drive faster after I have passed them which defeats the purpose of them!

I had a Mondeo a while back and after hitting the last speed bump on Regent St the whole front end dropped after the spring snapped and it got me worried about what would of happened if I had been traveling on the motorway!

In regards to the bumps on Sontley Road, people did complain saying that they were too high but the council said they are fine. The result is I never use that road and go around which increases traffic on other roads, which by the way the council call ‘Traffic Migration’ so they know it happens but still keep putting the things down!!

Down with Speed Bumps I say!!!

As for the town centre it is a real shame all the empty shops, but as I travel around alot its the same story everywhere. Surely the council could help by lowering rates and rents for 2 years until we are out of the recession? Would of been better if the council had of spent the money on a facelift on the town centre instead of building Eagles Meadow!

Hard to think of anything good thats been done! But, I do have to say that Wrexham is not as bad as people make out and there are far worse places to live, but if I was really pushed I think I would prefer to live in a big yacht in the south of France with all the rich toffs but now I am just deraming lol

I agree with most of this. One of he reasons I (unsuccesfully) stood for the position of councillor recently. Many people seem to forget that councillors are meant to represent the people… Not the council. One has to wonder why many things that seem to be council priority are not to the liking of the population at large.

Draig Wrecsam
    Participant

If the penybryn area of town is ever sorted out that would be the best thing to ever happen to the town.

WrexTown
    Participant

The best change in the Town?

I think all these new foreign people are good for the Town, they add culture to it.

Not only that, they drown out the familiars a little that so many of us are sick of.

NJones
    Participant

@WrexTown 946 wrote:

The best change in the Town?

I think all these new foreign people are good for the Town, they add culture to it.

Not only that, they drown out the familiars a little that so many of us are sick of.

Ooh devils advocate! Wrexham did have culture before- track suits, white socks!

The uni brings in a few hundred a year, but most never venture into town except for food.

Rob
    Participant

The Portuguese shop, Polski, Try Thai and others – could be before my time but this seems a ‘step forward’ in terms of whats there in town for people.

Or, it could be just widening of tastes as Tesco and Asda do ‘exotic’ stuff as a norm now?

Rob
    Participant

@Draig Wrecsam 942 wrote:

If the penybryn area of town is ever sorted out that would be the best thing to ever happen to the town.

Not sure if its the bad weather making weeds shoot up but there are parts of it looking really ropey now.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News