BBC domesday project: wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum BBC domesday project: wrexham

• Author

Jonesy
    Participant

Anyone interested in social history, old pics and people’s accounts etc should have a look through this:

BBC – Domesday Reloaded: WREXHAM HIGH STREET, from 1986

I have clicked on the town centre in the above, but also loads of stuff from the wider, Wrexham/n wales area.

NJones
    Participant

I remember doing my work on this when in primary school. I can’t find it on there now though. It was put onto big laser discs (like CD’s but about 20 inches wide and quarter inch thick!) some are still around.

Jonesy
    Participant

Yes – I think that why the original project stalled, there were problems with the laser discs. The BBC (last year I think) found a way to sort it out and hence it has started to come on-line.

Its good as lots of “old” pics of places posted/in books are say from the 30s – 60s – for younger people something from the 80s is interesting, childhood memories etc.

Edit: more info @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/domesday/story – hopefully your stuff should come!

Andy
    Participant

Hi. Lots of old pics of Wrexham here Log in | Facebook

If you do facebook

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News