Barkers Lane questions

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Barkers Lane questions

• Author

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Without taking sides on the issue your report on the Barkers Lane issue contains an inaccuracy.It states that the disagreement of the public gallery and the Executive Board may have been “ misled inadvertently “ by Councillor Wallice.
    I can’t see where the “ inadvertent “ comes from as the statement about the ability to ask Public Questions in her letter to her constituents is just plain wrong.
    Every councillor will have had the statutory introduction to the council briefing and in this it is made clear there is a timetable for public questions- the Wednesday before and Members questions -Friday afternoon unless things have drastically reduced in this respect in the last two years.
    I was among a number to ponder that the timetable mitigates against real participation and consultations as reports are not published until the Wednesday and members have been prevented from asking follow up questions since Councillor Pritchard took the helm but none of that explains Councillor Wallice’s ignorance.

DerekJackson
    Participant

Andrew please note the farce of not knowing what is on an agenda until after the deadline of question submission occurred under the leadership of Neil Rogers and yourself as Labour Member.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=165184]Andrew please note the farce of not knowing what is on an agenda until after the deadline of question submission occurred under the leadership of Neil Rogers and yourself as Labour Member.[/quote]

Ah Derek- thanks for reminding me about the period before Neil jumped ship and my “ compliance “ with his direction. Myself and others did press that having an item on the Forward Work Programme was not enough to enable true participation by the public if the report itself was not available to them until the date of the deadline for questions submission. This basically reduced them to “ educated guesswork “ .
    I am not saying the pressures from us on this point was a prime reason for their departure but Neil and luitenants sit happily on the Pritchard led board under such restrictions.
    BTW – this of course does not change my basic point about Councillor Wallice

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News