Barclays. Bank

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Barclays. Bank

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

When a bank removes its bank cashiers and replaces them with machines they should at the very least make sure they work !! Today not for the first time both machines in Barclays Bank Wrexham are broken. Add to this they now charge businesses to pay in cash and take away change! The staff there were and those that remain are excellent. A well run local branch has been ruined by head office.

wrexview
    Participant

BBC News – Barclays technical fault leads to declined debit cards

Looks like more national problems for Barclays today.

wrexview
    Participant

Three machines not working this morning! Some customers are now travelling to the industrial estate branch and a couple I know using the Chester one. Not good for the bank or the town.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Let someone else get a word in Wrex!

justjojo2011
    Participant

My dad hates going to the bank now and only ventures there if he needs to. Hell, the only time he ever goes into town is to go to the bank, and he has always been that way. He is 67 years old and still has trouble setting his Sky + so needless to say, having to navigate his way around a silly machine when he wants to do something with his account annoys him greatly.

he would rather have a cashier he can speak to about his account as and when he needs to, not be forced use a machine. Change is always good and technology is the way forward but completing ignoring the customers who cannot use them or don’t want to is not the way forward. Not everyone wants technology and not everyone understands it.

Now I know some people will say “but the staff will help him use the machine”. In which case, they can speak to him about his account and answer his questions instead?

johnhoppy
    Participant

I am also 67 years old, and I am sure that I and many out there are NOT technically challenged by computers and ATM machines. In fact I avoid the inside of banks like the plague and do my banking by way of Internet Banking, and more often than not get my cash by way of cashback at the supermarket. When I left school I worked for a bank, and did so for 25 years, in the days when banks knew their customer in person. Even the cheques then did not have the customers’ name printed upon them so we had to know each customer’s signature. It depresses me these days that I have to prove my identity to a cashier for any significant transaction when I have been a customer for 50 years, thus if it is at all possible I avoid entering their portals or even phoning them (call centres Grrrrr) unless it is absolutely necessary.

I am sure this arrangement suits my bank very well, as cashiers and enquiry clerks cost a lot more to run than machines, will not work all night and weekends or require tea breaks.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I’m sure many in the older generation know how to use technology perfectly well. My mum, when she was alive was ALWAYS on a computer and could do many things with it. Many people of an older generation (and the younger ones too for that matter). Look at a computer and laugh at it hysterically. Things do change, they always have and they always will. But all this is doing is alienating those who do not wish to or cannot use technology.

@johnhoppy 15400 wrote:

I am also 67 years old, and I am sure that I and many out there are NOT technically challenged by computers and ATM machines. In fact I avoid the inside of banks like the plague and do my banking by way of Internet Banking, and more often than not get my cash by way of cashback at the supermarket. When I left school I worked for a bank, and did so for 25 years, in the days when banks knew their customer in person. Even the cheques then did not have the customers’ name printed upon them so we had to know each customer’s signature. It depresses me these days that I have to prove my identity to a cashier for any significant transaction when I have been a customer for 50 years, thus if it is at all possible I avoid entering their portals or even phoning them (call centres Grrrrr) unless it is absolutely necessary.

I am sure this arrangement suits my bank very well, as cashiers and enquiry clerks cost a lot more to run than machines, will not work all night and weekends or require tea breaks.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News