Bank/Building Society – Good Service

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bank/Building Society – Good Service

• Author

Huw
    Participant

The Wife hates the new layout at Barclays that much she is considering moving to another bank.

zinger
    Participant

I much prefer a personal service and I worry for the jobs of the staff. Once something is computerised it usually means less staff.

wrexview
    Participant

Barclays counter staff were very friendly and helpful that is something machines can’t replace!!

Danielkg
    Participant

Sounds like all the banks are going the same way…Nationwide I can say aren’t losing their counter!

wrexview
    Participant

Hope Nationwide stay where they are , there was talk of them moving to Eagles Meadow.

Danielkg
    Participant

Why would it be bad for them to move? Maybe a bigger branch could be better?

Darlofan
    Participant

Natwest in Lord street have been great for us when we go in(not very often). As Welshdresser said too, my card was cloned and Natwest texted me to let me know, well before I knew. They also refunded the dodgy transactions whilst I was on the phone to them.

Only negative I would say is(sure they’re all the same) trying to sell you products/accounts whilst at the counter. It is annoying, I’m financially savvy and don’t need this everytime I pop into branch. I’ve even asked them to get a note put on my account so they don’t ask but apparently that cant be done. It’s worse when they ask some elderly customer who gets confused but agrees to it, they then spend ages explaining someone will call them etc only to apologise for your wait when you finally get to the counter!!!

BorrasBill
    Participant

A few years ago I went to the Nationwide for remortgage advice. I had made an appointment with an adviser, and when she met me I was surprised to see her age, she looked really young, almost just out of school. The advice she gave me turned out to be the best financial advice I have ever been given, she must have saved me thousands. I should really have written to Nationwide to praise her, but didn’t.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News