Bank/Building Society – Good Service

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bank/Building Society – Good Service

• Author

Danielkg
    Participant

We constantly hear negative news in the papers and on TV, though when we come to contact with our bank or building society are they really that bad?!

Lets share our experiences of the GOOD service we receive, especially in the town branches…
    (Please let’s keep this post positive! If it ain’t nice, don’t say it)

lazyjack
    Participant

@Danielkg 3672 wrote:

We constantly hear negative news in the papers and on TV, though when we come to contact with our bank or building society are they really that bad?!

Lets share our experiences of the GOOD service we receive, especially in the town branches…
    (Please let’s keep this post positive! If it ain’t nice, don’t say it)

Although the vast majority of my banking is done online, I do use the Nationwide branch in town and the staff are always pleasant and helpful.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Nat West on Lord Street told me my card had been cloned before I had even noticed. They spotted unusual activity and checked with me then re-issued my card. They saved me a lot of hassle and reimbursed my account straight away. If I ever have a query on my account the staff are friendly, approachable and helpful.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    lazyjack;3676 wrote:
    Although the vast majority of my banking is done online, I do use the Nationwide branch in town and the staff are always pleasant and helpful.

I’d go along with this. The ground troops are nearly always okay, it’s the generals’ tactics that leads to problems.

wrexview
    Participant

The counter staff in Wrexham’s Barclays Bank are friendly, very helpful and provide a good service.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I know it’s not really a bank but the counter staff at the Post Office have always been helpful and I make friends in the queue as I can only call at lunch time when it’s at it’s busiest.

NJones
    Participant

Halifax staff are great. Very friendly and helpful.

I don’t agree with the comment about NatWest. I left that branch after they tried to make an appointment EVERYTIME I had to go into the branch to try and flog me their insurance or mortgage.

zinger
    Participant

There are for various reasons four banks that I use plus the Post Office. I have never once had a problem with any of the staff. I find usually that if you are pleasant to people they are pleasant back. Someone grumpy deserves to get short shrift. The front liners are not the cause of most problems, they just bear the brunt.

MadMan
    Participant

I wouldn’t give the banks that much credit the low paid workers that we come in contact with are very friendly i agree, but i wouldn’t compliment the banks that much. Like previously mentioned it is the tactics which are really disturbing whether its a division set up by Barclays to avoid tax, Hsbc money laundering, the PPI scandal, etc. The media should be independent and working to change systems that are corrupt this is isn’t always the case though.

Danielkg
    Participant

Thinking of the service, what are people’s thoughts on the new barclays layout? Word is Halifax is due for a similar refurb and possibly Santander too

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News