Bad driving hotspots in town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bad driving hotspots in town?

• Author

zinger
    Participant

@Born Acorn 1006 wrote:

My personal gripe is actually near Eagles Meadow, right by Anise! Two lanes, the left for Smithfield/left turn only, and the right lane for straight over/right turns, yet half the town get into the left and go straight over toward Hightown!

Wouldn’t it make more sense for the left lane to be for Hightown anyway as most of the traffic is in the right hand lane & the left hand lane is mostly empty. People who don’t know the road find it hard to filter into the right hand lane as some people don’t like letting people in?

lazyjack
    Participant

@zinger 2169 wrote:

Wouldn’t it make more sense for the left lane to be for Hightown anyway as most of the traffic is in the right hand lane & the left hand lane is mostly empty. People who don’t know the road find it hard to filter into the right hand lane as some people don’t like letting people in?

Left lane for Hightown would make far more sense, as it is it’s just another example of a badly designed road in Wrexham.

From my experience I would say at least 80% of vehicles are in the RH lane. Out of those in the LH lane some of them end up going to Hightown anyway.

Could we perhaps request that the council start up a road improvement suggestion form on their website so everyone has a chance to point out things like this, seeing as they are oblivious to the issues themselves

zinger
    Participant

Kingsmills Road at 9.00am is pretty busy. I have found drivers most considerate. They hold back to let cars out of Brynycabanau Road, and let traffic filter from Derby Road onto Kingsmills Road towards town with utmost patience. I have been in towns where drivers are nowhere near as considerate as Wrexham drivers. If only we could get them to indicate on roundabouts, most other traffic problems arise from bad road planning not car drivers. Mostly, I find drivers are most inept when letting people filter from the left hand into right hand lanes, ie by Tesco & the PO on Mold Road, but that is down to bad planning.

NJones
    Participant

@zinger 2171 wrote:

I have been in towns where drivers are nowhere near as considerate as Wrexham drivers.

Christ, they must be bad! or they don’t have taxis!

angryShopper
    Participant

@Rob 2152 wrote:

The filtering systems do appear to confuse some, outside the lager club is the prime example!

A big sign saying ‘merge does not mean stop’ could help – the number of people stopped on Mold Rd waiting for a gap while the right hand lane is empty is huge!

I was in a car which has to slam on it’s brakes because the car ahead here stopped, the driver blew the horn, and the car ahead pulled us over, the police offer driving it was quite suprised when we explained it was a merge not a junction and let us on our way.

I blame the education in this town wit adult literacy at about 50% it’s no wonder they can’t read the road signs!

harry
    Participant

ive driven in many many towns and cities and the people who drive in wrexham have to be the biggest **** wits of them all imo. most drive in any lane the want and just cut across, dont stop at junctions and rounderbouts, dont indicate, pull out in to on coming traffic without looking (i think they do look but just go , jump red lights, park and stop in dangerous places blocking traffic, list is endless, i know other places have the same problems but Wrexham seems to have a higher percentage!

DaveW
    Participant

@lazyjack 2170 wrote:

Left lane for Hightown would make far more sense, as it is it’s just another example of a badly designed road in Wrexham.

From my experience I would say at least 80% of vehicles are in the RH lane. Out of those in the LH lane some of them end up going to Hightown anyway.

Could we perhaps request that the council start up a road improvement suggestion form on their website so everyone has a chance to point out things like this, seeing as they are oblivious to the issues themselves

Excellent idea mate. This is a real issue partly due to some people travelling at such speeds in left lane and then not turning left but going over the roundabout and up to Hightown , pretty close to to cars in the right lane !

NJones
    Participant

@harry 2214 wrote:

ive driven in many many towns and cities and the people who drive in wrexham have to be the biggest **** wits of them all imo. most drive in any lane the want and just cut across, dont stop at junctions and rounderbouts, dont indicate, pull out in to on coming traffic without looking (i think they do look but just go , jump red lights, park and stop in dangerous places blocking traffic, list is endless, i know other places have the same problems but Wrexham seems to have a higher percentage!

Then complain when someone hits their wing mirror!

zinger
    Participant

@DaveW 2218 wrote:

Excellent idea mate. This is a real issue partly due to some people travelling at such speeds in left lane and then not turning left but going over the roundabout and up to Hightown , pretty close to to cars in the right lane !

This morning someone ahead of me but in the LH lane as I was in the RH cut in front of me to go round past Eagles Meadow. I didn’t get angry as I thought that it must be a stranger to the area. When you think about it though, is it much different to what we do legally crossing lanes on Mold Road by the PO? How hard is it for visitors to the area? The signage doesn’t give you much warning.

NJones
    Participant

On Mold road there is a helpful ‘Merge in turn’ sign. But does this mean merge in the turn of the road- as most seem to, or does in mean merge into one line, one by one? Maybe a picture is needed.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News