Bad driving hotspots in town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bad driving hotspots in town?

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

The police station does not help that harry, it really should be a slip road rather than an “exit” I think that confuses people as well

Sam
    Participant

Most bad driving hotspots are usually signposted and directions given. I thought that people had to prove a level of compedancy when behind the wheel, it’s called a driving test !!!!!
    Most days on the road I see useless drivers making stupid or even dangerous driving antics.
    Before people all jump on the boy racers ( of which I do not condone ! ), the worst criminal against the use of bad techniques are the elderly . Sorry, but I wish I had a quid for everything an older person cut me up on a roundabout, Carpark, they don’t discriminate.
    Bad drivers are solely to blame for creating bad driving hotspots !!!

harry
    Participant

some of the worst drivers i encounter dont seem to be boy racers at all, rather men in their 40’s

DaveW
    Participant

When will ALL drivers in Wrexham learn the need to use their indicators ?

Just sheer laziness. Doesn’t happen to same degree in other towns.

NJones
    Participant

I’ve noticed an increase in taxi’s jumping red lights and beating drivers onto roundabouts lately. These people are supposed to be ‘professional’ drivers? Please!

zinger
    Participant

In my humble opinion the road planners in this town are at fault. This isn’t a big city and they plan the roads as if it were. The Mold Road by the Post Office is a case in point.
    You have an unnecessary one way system there. How can anybody expect strangers to the town find their way around? I saw a car going in the wrong direction by the Lager Club.

harry
    Participant

If we had the traffic of a big city Wrexham really would be in trouble with the current road system!

Andy
    Participant

I was parked on Brook street one day and a woman stopped by me and asked for directions to Nightingale house. I said ” Up the road, turn right, over the bridge, go left into the gyratory system, filter right, then filter left, turn left……” Then I noticed her eyes glazing over with confusion.
    I said “Follow me”

Rob
    Participant

The filtering systems do appear to confuse some, outside the lager club is the prime example!

A big sign saying ‘merge does not mean stop’ could help – the number of people stopped on Mold Rd waiting for a gap while the right hand lane is empty is huge!

DaveW
    Participant

The right turn filter on the road to Marchwiel right outside the Green Dragon in Hightown has been a preal ain for years. It only works every other change, god knows why.

Traffic coming into town continually come through on red leaving little time to turn right.

Several council? surveys have been there but it’s still pretty dangerous, still noone killed there I suppose !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News