Bad driving hotspots in town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bad driving hotspots in town?

• Author

Speediecars
    Participant

Oh no this is a terrible thread for me to get started on as I drive days around the town every day!

Worst road has to be the one way system around Dunelm mill leading onto Mold road and warbie is right, why do people stop if they are not entering Caxton place or the sorting office! I have seen a lorry with trailer going the wrong way on the one way system heading towards the fire station from Dunelm mill direction!

Worst recent traffic design: roundabout removed and replaced with traffic lights on bradley road / ruthin road? Why oh why does the council think its a good idea? I can understand the safety for pedestrians, but I have near misses and seen loads of near misses on as there are no filter arrows and the lights change too quickly, and as for the length of traffic, well its a disgrace! If I now want to go to Bryn Offa from the office it is easier and quicker to go though pen y bryn rather than bradley road!

I could go on and on, but being a newbie had better stop as I might be booted for being a moaner lol

One final question? Why does Wrexham have so many speed bumps? They are everywhere and most of my vehicles fail council test on suspension!

WrexTown
    Participant

Driving in Wrexham Town Centre should be banned, Period!

Wrexham is usually a ghost town, for people that is.

Not letting cars into the Town centre would bring a lot more people out on foot.

People out walking more = healthier people

Healthier people = healthier place

Healthier place = healthier lives for all

Rob
    Participant

I agree with the principle however the way society is now built there doesnt seem to be a way to stop it without wholesale structured change in a very short time span :(

WrexTown
    Participant

Good change takes time

NJones
    Participant

@Simon 759 wrote:

Under Rhosddu railway bridge. I’d love to know how many wing mirrors have been lost under there :rolleyes:

Sainsburys Roundabout. People don’t stick to the lanes. It’s like playing russian roulette negotiating that roundabout!

I was told long ago that the Rhosddu bridge was intended to be single file traffic but our local authority didn’t install the traffic lights! The nearby junction is probably one location where a roundabout might actually be better. I drive this twice a day- even the cyclists can’t get the junction right!

Rob
    Participant

I have seen so many near misses there its untrue.

Oh, and have had my wingmirror clattered going under the railway!!

Liam
    Participant

Been on the receiving end of some nasty road rage on the Tescos roundabout twice recently, both times I felt I was in the right. Some people get a bit lairy behind the wheel.

NJones
    Participant

People don’t seem to indicate on the Tesco roundabout. And the fact that there are two exit lanes going towards Eagles Meadow doesn’t help. It confuses people trying to dive out of Tesco.

Born Acorn
    Participant

My personal gripe is actually near Eagles Meadow, right by Anise! Two lanes, the left for Smithfield/left turn only, and the right lane for straight over/right turns, yet half the town get into the left and go straight over toward Hightown!

Liam
    Participant

@Born Acorn 1006 wrote:

My personal gripe is actually near Eagles Meadow, right by Anise! Two lanes, the left for Smithfield/left turn only, and the right lane for straight over/right turns, yet half the town get into the left and go straight over toward Hightown!

Either that or cut into the right lane with seconds to spare without looking over their shoulder.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News