Bad Driving Habits on Wrexham’s Roads.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bad Driving Habits on Wrexham’s Roads.

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

How do you know he’s an idiot?
    What were the circumstances that led to his truck overturning?
    It’s quite possible he was avoiding some over-emotional, vitriolic, old coffin dodger.

AMA Express
    Participant

Lorry drivers tend to avoid turning their trucks on their sides if at all possible. Apart from the inconvenience to fellow road users, and the fact that the Police, the Highways Agency, VOSA, and their bosses and insurers can get a bit uppity with them, it also tends to cause them severe injury if not death.

But most car drivers are experts and it’s only other roadusers that are idiots eh ?

;)

Andy
    Participant

A very bad habit in Wrexham is running cyclists over and then driving off!!!

bike.jpg

BigYellowTaxiBike
    Participant

Wow Andy! I seriously hope the rider was uninjured. :/ as a cycle commuter around Wrexham I do worry about some terrible driving, which isn’t helped by the dismal cycle infrastructure in the area. Mind me asking where and when this happened, and what was the outcome?

AMA Express
    Participant

justjojo2011
    Participant

As a pedestrian, I know that my opinion wasn’t necessarily asked for, but drivers habits annoy me too. Specifically:

1. Drivers who don’t indicate when turning onto a side street and then expect the pedestrian to know where they’re going.

2. Drivers who have to get out in front of that bus. They don’t seem to realise how many lives they put at risk when they pull out in front of the bus (and no, bus drivers are not perfect, I’ve seen my fair share of idiot bus drivers too).

3. Cars that don’t stop on a zebra crossing. Just this morning, I was trying to cross Bradley Road by Stevie’s Chippy and 3 cars ignored the fact that I was there, with my partner and a pram.. now I know I don’t drive, but doesn’t the highway code state that you stop and give way to pedestrians at a zebra crossing?

4. Cars that drive in the cycle lane. My partner used to cycle to work every day. He always used the cycle lanes where possible but after the THIRD time of being knocked off his bike by a car driver who wanted it as well, he stopped using it and sold his bike.

I won’t even get onto lazy parking and cashpoint cripples lol

danofthewibble
    Participant

The crossing at Stevies is appalling. Drivers come off the roundabout at high speed, despite the crossing having beacons. Sod ’em; I’ll walk out and if they get a bit of whiplash from slamming on the breaks, their fault. Drivers really think that the crossing is optional; loads just park up when there’s a queue. You do not stop on a crossing under any circumstances. Unless you live in Wrexham.

The new crossing at Island Green should really be light controlled as well.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Ordinarily I would just walk out in front of them and make them slam their breaks on and then proceed to give them a lesson in NOT being a plank but when I have my kids with me, I tend not to do such things.

@danofthewibble 17838 wrote:

The crossing at Stevies is appalling. Drivers come off the roundabout at high speed, despite the crossing having beacons. Sod ’em; I’ll walk out and if they get a bit of whiplash from slamming on the breaks, their fault. Drivers really think that the crossing is optional; loads just park up when there’s a queue. You do not stop on a crossing under any circumstances. Unless you live in Wrexham.

The new crossing at Island Green should really be light controlled as well.

AMA Express
    Participant

@justjojo2011 17862 wrote:

Ordinarily I would just walk out in front of them and make them slam their breaks on and then proceed to give them a lesson in NOT being a plank but when I have my kids with me, I tend not to do such things.

Well, good luck for the future. Because when you walk out in front of me, or one of my vehicles, and get spread across the road, the forward facing cameras fitted to our vehicles for insurance purposes will make YOU look a complete plank.

BTW Breaks are what will happen to your bones.
    Brakes are what stop vehicles.

danofthewibble
    Participant

Of course, your forward facing camera would reveal you’d entered the road too fast, and neglected to pay attention to the crossing. Tsch. ;)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News