Bad Driving Habits on Wrexham’s Roads.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bad Driving Habits on Wrexham’s Roads.

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

And those that can’t understand the concept of a Speed Limit being exactly that, a LIMIT not a TARGET.

johnhoppy
    Participant

Since escaping points and a fine for speeding (I took a speed awareness course which costs just as much but you don’t get the points) I always set my cruise control to the speed limit to make sure I do not exceed the speed limit. The number of motorists who park themselves on your tail to push me to go faster and overtake me in unwise situations amazes me. And before anyone criticizing me for speeding in the first place I was doing 34 in a 30 in Pontblyddyn, which was a 40 limit not long before.

AMA Express
    Participant

I did a Speed Awareness Course a few months ago. A complete and utter waste of time and money ! The 2 old duffers who delivered the course were useless and had no idea of the real world. I wish I’d taken the points now.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@AMA Express 17463 wrote:

I did a Speed Awareness Course a few months ago. A complete and utter waste of time and money ! The 2 old duffers who delivered the course were useless and had no idea of the real world. I wish I’d taken the points now.

Taking the points would have effected your insurance…much more costly. Agree…waste of time

AMA Express
    Participant

Doing the course can also affect your insurance. You have to declare it if they ask about, and it can increase your premium.

DaveW
    Participant

Drivers who block me from making the right hand turn by the Green Dragon even when they cant get through the traffic lights themselves . Leave a gap please.

Indicators are there for a purpose, please use them , 50% Wrexham drivers do not.

People parking on the roundabout at bottom of fountains at eagles meadow, one day you’ll get hit there. Where are the parking attendants when you need them?

and worst of all, School mums on Percy road and Sontley road who are oblivious to the rest of road users and seem to think they can park wherever they want as long as their kid gets to school in the bloody car !!!!

beedar
    Participant

Make that virtually every school in the Wrexham area

Sheefag
    Participant

@cmaj76 17443 wrote:

People who get in the right hand lane at JCB and stay there at 50mph and refuse to move over all the way down to the Gresford roundabout as they’re getting on the A483 towards Chester.

Undertake them, that’s what I always do, preferably at the highest speed possible and cut back in front to wind ’em up.

Ferret
    Participant

Phew. Thank goodness WE are all perfect or we’d all be in a right pickle.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

@Rob 17460 wrote:

Reminds me – people who are outraged when they are overtaken in a legal and safe manner.

Other mentions:
    – Green Dragon right hand turn lemmings.
    – People parking in the bus stop to nip into the Garden Village shops.
    – Lack of indication the Tesco roundabout. Its like the Bermuda Triangle for orange lights.
    – Same for the ASDA one.
    – General roundabout use.
    – General lack of indicator use.

:D

One of the worst “non-indicator” black-spots is the mini roundabout opposite Teco’s Garage. Cars coming out of Wicks are given the impression that 80% of the approaching traffic is coming straight on – when in fact it’s turning into Tesco.
    On the subject of Tesco – the occasional driver whom ( usually on a very busy day ) appears to be leaving the carpark but when he/she gets to the main problem junction…decides to indicate Right even though the sheer weight of traffic means they will hold everyone up a few minutes – THIS issue would have been avoided if the driver in question had turned initially by the cashpoints.
    – Trucks turning into Tesco via the customer entrance, happens so often and always causes an issue.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News