Average waiting times at Wrexham Maelor

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Average waiting times at Wrexham Maelor

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

People don’t go to A&E for ‘fun’ when they know they could be there all day and/ or night.

When the doors to the UK were flung open and Agencies advertised Wrexham as being paved with gold, that is when the problems increased (not started)

We all know stories of agencies bringing in Polish, providing them with accommodation which included hot-bedding (one in one out)and ripping them off in the process. And the tales of them sending all of their money home!

People who pretend it doesn’t happen need to open their eyes. Look around you!

If Brexit ever happens and people stop pouring in and fetching their families over to live then maybe the NHS will improve. If not then I am wrong.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=162815]Rob: I got the figures from the Excel file that was the last download link on the page that you linked to in your article.[/quote]

Thanks – had not spotted that dataset.

I still can’t export the full dump of https://statswales.gov.wales/Catalogue/Health-and-Social-Care/NHS-Hospital-Waiting-Times/Accident-and-Emergency/performanceagainst4hourwaitingtimestarget-by-hospital – I could be being thick but it seems to only allow one month info at a time?

katy
    Participant

Rob: yeah their reporting tool is not the easiest thing to use. I’ve managed to find out how to do it though:

– In the second row, you have two boxes ‘Target’ and ‘Date’. Drag the ‘Date’ box down to the row below and put it next to the ‘Measure’ box. (when you drag the boxes the box you are dragging appears miles above the mouse, so it easy to think its not working. you need to ‘drop’ the actual box and not the mouse).
    – Now drag the ‘Measure’ box and put it in the place where you just got the ‘Date’ box from.
    – You should now see data for all dates and you can use the drop down on the ‘Date’ box if you wish to filter to certain date ranges.
    – Now you can just use the export button to export the data.

Should look like this afterwards:

Fugazi3973
    Participant

[quote quote=162844]
    We all know stories of agencies bringing in Polish, providing them with accommodation which included hot-bedding (one in one out)and ripping them off in the process. And the tales of them sending all of their money home!

People who pretend it doesn’t happen need to open their eyes. Look around you!

If Brexit ever happens and people stop pouring in and fetching their families over to live then maybe the NHS will improve. If not then I am wrong.[/quote]

They pay tax and N.I. on those earnings, therefore pay towards the NHS.

And as for not being xenophobic, anybody who describes carry as “cat curry”, implying a certain view towards foreign food ,is on dodgy ground.

Matt
    Participant

The ridiculous fuss about foreign workers sending money home is a huge double standard.

You look at Brexiteer paper the Telegraph who are renowned for their anti-immigration stance.

They actively encourage and have their own money service for British expats to send money home from their overseas jobs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/financial-services/currency-exchange/international-money-transfers/why-do-expats-return-home/

So the rhetoric seems to be – money sent home by foreigners workers in the UK = Not Okay
    Money sent home by British expats in overseas jobs = Brilliant

How dare people have freedoms with the money they have earned after tax.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=162897]Rob: yeah their reporting tool is not the easiest thing to use. I’ve managed to find out how to do it though:

– In the second row, you have two boxes ‘Target’ and ‘Date’. Drag the ‘Date’ box down to the row below and put it next to the ‘Measure’ box. (when you drag the boxes the box you are dragging appears miles above the mouse, so it easy to think its not working. you need to ‘drop’ the actual box and not the mouse).
    – Now drag the ‘Measure’ box and put it in the place where you just got the ‘Date’ box from.
    – You should now see data for all dates and you can use the drop down on the ‘Date’ box if you wish to filter to certain date ranges.
    – Now you can just use the export button to export the data.

Should look like this afterwards:

[/quote]

Brilliant – thanks very much! Never even thought to try and drag and move them around, and as you say even then they appear about 100px higher!

Target , Measure , Date in that order and then expanded out makes the info I manually did pop up and thus exportable if that helps anyone else reading!

Thanks again :)

Fugazi3973
    Participant

[quote quote=162903]The ridiculous fuss about foreign workers sending money home is a huge double standard.

You look at Brexiteer paper the Telegraph who are renowned for their anti-immigration stance.

They actively encourage and have their own money service for British expats to send money home from their overseas jobs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/financial-services/currency-exchange/international-money-transfers/why-do-expats-return-home/

So the rhetoric seems to be – money sent home by foreigners workers in the UK = Not Okay
    Money sent home by British expats in overseas jobs = Brilliant

How dare people have freedoms with the money they have earned after tax.[/quote]

Well said Matt!

DerekJackson
    Participant

WreXIt – few points about your post – there are probably only about 3- 4% of the people in A & E who are ‘foreign nationals compared with between 11-12% of the overall population. The staffing in most hospitals who are not UK birth is approximately 26%. If you want all foreign nationals to go back to other countries then there will be an impact on numbers waiting but a greater impact on those who actually provide care. The result potentially will be longer waiting times as there are not enough staff. Do we have vast numbers of British people training to go into medical professions – no we don’t so please explain to me how the removal of foreign nationals will ease the situation?

zinger
    Participant

Where did you arrive at your figures Derek?

I read that 12.7% of NHS staff say that they are not British, 5.6% of them from the EU. That’s quite a difference in percentages.

DerekJackson
    Participant

Hi thanks for query re figures my mistake as I transposed 20% (actual 19.8%) into 26% https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/workforce-and-business/workforce-diversity/nhs-workforce/latest

My principle argument still stands that we are dependent on the migrant workforce as they are larger number than those attending ED

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News